Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Purdueman's defense

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Purdueman's defense Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've noticed this a lot in the forums. A lot of you guys seem to be bashing purdueman for his opinions. Now as anyone has read the bunches of threads out there that I have posted, you will notice that purdueman and I do not see "eye to eye" on our opinion's about what the bears should/shouldnt do. Also you will notice that I have never gotten upset/sarcastic/mad at his postings, and I have never bashed him. I understand where he is coming from, in his opinion he is thinking what he thinks is correct. Purdueman feels that for the bears to win, they must do certain things, wether or not YOU believe that they must do those things is your opinion, but it is NO reason for you to bash him the way you all have been.... Now im not saying you cannot disagree with him, but please stop the personal attacks and sarcasm, it's not doing anyone any good. We are all bears fans here and we all want the same thing: Bear Victories. The topic of debate is HOW we want to go about achieving those victories. So please, lets stop the personal attacks.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never attack the guy, I think the guy that did just got kicked off this forum as I read almost every Bears post on here.
Im all up for open debate, none of us know whats going to happen this season as much as we all think we are expects!
purdueman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Purdueman's defense Reply with quote

[quote="Jack"]Hey guys, I've noticed this a lot in the forums. A lot of you guys seem to be bashing purdueman for his opinions. Now as anyone has read the bunches of threads out there that I have posted, you will notice that purdueman and I do not see "eye to eye" on our opinion's about what the bears should/shouldnt do. Also you will notice that I have never gotten upset/sarcastic/mad at his postings, and I have never bashed him. I understand where he is coming from, in his opinion he is thinking what he thinks is correct. Purdueman feels that for the bears to win, they must do certain things, wether or not YOU believe that they must do those things is your opinion, but it is NO reason for you to bash him the way you all have been.... Now im not saying you cannot disagree with him, but please stop the personal attacks and sarcasm, it's not doing anyone any good. We are all bears fans here and we all want the same thing: Bear Victories. The topic of debate is HOW we want to go about achieving those victories. So please, lets stop the personal attacks.[/quote]

Jack:

Thank you; I sincerely appreciate your post as well as the subsequent reply. This is supposed to be a friendly forum and we're hopefully all on the same page in wanting to see the Bears win and return to another Super Bowl.

Unfortunately insecure people when they can't adequately defend their posts or opinions always turn to personal attacks. I'm surprised that someone hasn't posted that my Mother wears combat boots. Fortunately most of us on this forum see those kinds of post for what they are... childish, baseless and unwarranted personal attacks.

I'd also like to thank the webmaster for honoring my request in permanently banning such posters, as well as removing the threads that they got their jollies out of posting.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I've said before - I don't agree with purdueman on a lot of subjects... but that's one of the reasons why I enjoy this forum. Like purdueman said:

Quote:
We are all bears fans here and we all want the same thing: Bear Victories

We all may have different ideas about how they should go about getting those victories - but we are all wanting the same thing in the end.

Ignore the people who come here to bash and please don't let them stop any of you from posting your thoughts - just be ready to back them up in a good discussion. That's what makes this forum worth coming back to everyday.
Los Osos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Purdueman's defense Reply with quote

Jack wrote:
Hey guys, I've noticed this a lot in the forums. A lot of you guys seem to be bashing purdueman for his opinions. Now im not saying you cannot disagree with him, but please stop the personal attacks and sarcasm, it's not doing anyone any good. So please, lets stop the personal attacks.

I think you're dead wrong. With the exception of the jackasses that were on here a couple of days ago, no one "bashes" purdueman, and no one makes personal attackes. If so, I'd like to see the quotes.
Jack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was exactly who I was talking about, those "jackasses" like you said, but for 90% of the other people, everyone's fine, I just thought id state it, plus its more of sarcasm than anything, thats all.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked him about his logic, but never heard a response. I don't think people should be so concerned about it.

I think Los Osos made a good point (unnoticed by Jack), but I've never seen him bashed; those posts must have already been pulled.

I think the best way to avoid being bashed is to not type ridiculous stuff. If you have some reasons that you can communicate, please do so. Otherwise, other readers will find that you have no credibility.

Jack, are you purdueman's mom or something? He can take care of himself. I've seen him do it.
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God guys why would you start another debate all over again, this is a friendly forum not a battlefield.
The guy just saw someone else getting attacked and came to his defense, its a nice thing to do as people will listen to someone else more then the person thats having the problem.
Lets just end this here and all try to be friends as we have one thing in common, thats our Bears.
delakev

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the backgroud of this, and frankly I don't care. The rules are posted, there will be no more personal attacks, respect each other and their opinions. This is the end of that immature garbage.

Thanks so much Scar!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: