Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Viks debate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Viks debate Reply with quote

Hey guys, I was just over in the Viks forum, and all the guys there are goin crazy over Mike Williams. The viks roster seems a lot like ours, with them trying to build a def. and they did an admirable job this offseason (as much as it hurts to type that, they did have a pretty solid offseason), they seem to have the same concernes also, because i dont think their RBs are that great/good, I mean I know they are all about the same and they can bring guys in and out for a fresh set of legs, but they still arent "great" by any means....anyways.... they have 2 holes to fill, each one on different sides of the ball, with the loss of Moss, they have a WR to fill, and they need another LB......DJ would seem like the obvious fit. I think they need a LB more than a WR, which is why i see them taking DJ w/the 7th pick, (it really could happen if the blocks fall the right way for them), but a lot of them seem like they LOVE mike williams....I even saw a thread that the guy wanted them to trade BOTH their #7 and #18 to SF for the #1 overall and take mike williams because they liked him so much.....this would make me extremely mad because the viks would have another STUD WR like they had in Moss who can just run the fade route in the endzone with out the problems of Moss. I say have the bears take Mike Williams and strike fear in Minnesota the way they did to us all those yrs w/Moss. But my question is this.....Why are we not so crazy about Mike Williams like the viks are?

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
delakev

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a question that I don't know if I can answer. I have been enamored with him before he became a possible Bear. I just remember seeing him make insane catches. I think the desparity between the first two WR's and the next is much larger than the desparity between the first three RBs and the next group. (AKA I think we should go WR then RB). I think the Vikings see someone who Daunte can chuck the ball up to and MW will come down with it ala Moss. I am really interested to see A) How accurate Daunte can be without the ole 'jump ball' toss, and B) How great their "best RB core in the NFL" fares without a Moss taking the safety away.

Thanks so much Scar!!
Jack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is quite an interesting point, which makes me think of another that I would want to make.....if the bears were to draft a RB with the #4 pick, they would be a lot like the viks w/o moss, a bunch of good RBs, with a good WR. Just like burrellson for them would be like our moose (and i know moose had a career yr, but the viks have an all pro-QB, where the bears are still searching for a "stable" QB) and i know everyone's high on grossman, but the fact of the matter is we are looking for a stable qb before we even think about a pro-bowler. Anyways back to the subject, the bears would be just like the Viks w/2 good RBs. That again is why i say take a WR with the #4 pick, that way we distance ourselves and take a RB in the 2nd (or trade down)

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikes made some nice moves on the defensive side of the ball this offseason - I'll give them that. But I dont' think it makes them a defense you worry about - like you do when you play the Ravens. But I think this Bear Defense can become like the Ravens either this year or next, we just have a couple positions to fill... OLB and SS... add a little confidence and we are a scary defense.

I really like Grossman, and I don't know why... he hasn't really done anything spectacular yet, then again he hasn't played too many games either. I like his attitude... he has a great arm and he's a smart guy. I remember after he got injured last year that a lot of the Bear players had a big letdown - cause he is their leader.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: