Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Draft Reply with quote

Hey Bears fans, i am a detroit diehard fan. I was just wondering what the bears will do with the 4 pick. What are your local papers and insider information saying about the draft. Let me no i am curious what your Chicago papers are saying with insider information.
delakev

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There hasn't been too much said, recently Lovie Smith had said with the free agent pickups of RT, OG, and WR that we can afford to go Best player available. IMO I think they are looking:
1. Ronnie Brown
2. Braylon/Mike Williams
3. A trade offer that is too good to pass up
4. Derrick Johnson
5. Cedric Benson

We need a second WR to start opposite Moose, but Brown seems to have a #1 grade. We need a second runningback, but at this point he will be considered the backup to Thomas Jones. As much as it pains me to say it I think they are going to trade down to a team that wants Edwards/DJ/MW and take the third RB that falls to them.

Thanks so much Scar!!
Jack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the "trade down" talk in the 1st round, now I dont mind it in the 2nd and later rounds to pick up picks, but not in the 1st round when you have a shot at the guy you want (ie. williams/edwards) if you trade down to someone who wants williams/edwards, then you've only worsened your team AND helped another to get better by letting that player get away. And I know that you get extra picks, but I just dont like trading down when the player you want is right there for the picking. Now when the player you want IS NOT there, then yes, I understand trading down.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
rub10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears should draft DJ or MW in the 1st and in the later rounds Darren Spoles(RB) or Larry Brackins

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7937

Theres people who have posted videos in this^^^^ forum of Sproles and Brackins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: