Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lovie says BPA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DABEARS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Lovie says BPA Reply with quote

Just heard Lovie at the fan convention and he said things like:
"we are solid on both sides of the ball"
"we are in a position to take the best available player"
Do u think Lovie has the guts to go D with the #4 pick and get johnson?
purdueman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any way that the Bears draft Edwards in the 4 spot, but they might if they trade down (which I still think they'll try to do). Consider this other quote from Lovie yesterday:

"We'll never pass up a great player,'' he said. "But if we can get a great player later and pick up another pick, why not do that? We're open. We have a lot of options. I think you can get a good player one through 15.''

My preference as you all know by now is to see the Bears sign a free agent strong outside linebacker and trade down and still draft WR burner Williamson.

I think the only thing holding up signing one of three or four free agent linebackers that the Bears have identified is the salary cap. If the Bears trade down in the draft, they won't need as much money to cover their rookie draft pool. If not, come June 1st they may decide to cut or restructure R.W.'s deal in addition to cutting Tucker in order to free up enough money to get whoever they're really targeting.

That's not to say they won't sign an OLB sooner because of course they can wait until after they free up cap space on June 1st to sign their draftees; I just think that that's the only thing Angelo is noodling on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: