Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeAngelo Hall rips Steve Smith...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peppers90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: DeAngelo Hall rips Steve Smith... Reply with quote

BTW...Hall used to be a close friend of Smith

Quote:
Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall took a shot at Smith this week despite the fact Smith beat him for the decisive touchdown in a 24-6 win last December.

"I didn't think he had much success against me. Period," Hall told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "They weren't trying to go downfield with him at all. They threw a couple little narrow routes. Obviously, he broke that one. Bad tackling. Fluke play. You do it 10 times, I make that play nine times. So besides that one fluke play, the guy didn't have that much success against me."

Smith's response...

Quote:
ďThis is a business. Thatís the way football is. Iím happy heís grown up and realized that. Football is football. I find it really comedy ÖI guess when youíre on the top, you have a lot of people trying to knock you down. Some people are lower than others on the totem pole by age, performance and talk. When youíre the court jester and youíre talking to the king, youíve got to do stuff like that."

ďIím not going to play games with little kids. Thereís no reason to. When you talk, you obviously are insecure about something and if you talk long enough, youíll hang yourself.íí

"If thatís the kind of game heís trying to play, heís barking up the wrong tree. Itís a big a$$ tree."

BTW this is perhaps the dumbest thing you can do is provoke Steve Smith. Just ask Fred Smoot, who took a few shots against Smith before last season's game against Minnesota and got lit up.

Last edited by Peppers90 on Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was previously posted, I forget when but I remember reading this.... Wink I still thought it was funny though... Laughing

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
PanthersIn05

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, Smith may not even play and if he does he won't be near 100% unless this whole thing is a smokescreen which I doubt.

That said Applause Applause Applause .

I'm sick of DeAngelo Hall, he brags like he's the best corner in the league on the best defense in the league and people have that impression because he talks himself up all the time. But you know guys, he didn't give up a yard last year. Every catch NEAR him is because it was a zone coverage and it was someone else's fault. When a guy beats him, fluke play. I wish he would shut his mouth and just play. I'm glad Smith put him in his place. Nice way to talk about someone who welcomed you into his home before the game last year and treated him as a true friend. That shows real character on Hall's part.

DwareisDfuture with the sig
BadToTheBone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You do it 10 times, I make that play nine times.

No DeAngelo, you miss the play once and your not the best CB in the league.

I hate how he calls himself the best CB in the league right now. Just shut your mouth and play the game.

Its surprising that I dont hear guys like Lucas, Newman or Mathis talk themselves up when there equally or much better than Hall.

Clinton Portis:
Quote:
" We're going to be in the NFC championship game. I guarantee that. Whatever that takes, we're going to get there."
PanthersIn05

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadToTheBone wrote:
Quote:
You do it 10 times, I make that play nine times.

No DeAngelo, you miss the play once and your not the best CB in the league.

I hate how he calls himself the best CB in the league right now. Just shut your mouth and play the game.

Its surprising that I dont hear guys like Lucas, Newman or Mathis talk themselves up when there equally or much better than Hall.

There's a difference between those guys though. They have class and they let their play do the talking for them and they all get overlooked because Hall brags about himself constantly.

lilant2398

I don't like steve smith but I HATE D HAll with a passion Evil or Very Mad
Maverick41

News Flash: Fans Everywhere Are Sick Of DeAngelo Hall!

This guy needs to shut his mouth. He's a lot like Mike Vanderight in the sense that fans across the globe want to tell him to shut up.

I remember Marvin Gaye, used to sing to me, he had me feeling like black was the thing to be.

- Keep Ya' Head Up by 2pac

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:
Michael Floyd is on track for 13K yards this season

dude you don't know what K means
sanfranraidersfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hall sounded like he was joking. IMO- Hall IS easily the best CB in the game. No doubt.

instead of running past him this year I hope Steve Smith just trucks him and runs him over and goes for a TD. I would like to hear Halls excuse

Reporter: What happened on the play where Steve Smith ran you over

Hall: uh, the sun got into my eyes

Reporter: Deangelo, you play in a dome
viks_fan21

sanfranraidersfan wrote:
Hall sounded like he was joking. IMO- Hall IS easily the best CB in the game. No doubt.

wow, can a member be banned for ignorance? Sorry man, but I'd call him top 10 maybe.
JIllg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Maverick41"]News Flash: Fans Everywhere Are Sick Of DeAngelo Hall!

This guy needs to shut his mouth. He's a lot like Mike Vanderight in the sense that fans across the globe want to tell him to shut up.

[quote]

I agree, but I have a strange suspicion that Steve Smith will shut D-Hall up all by his lonesome, without any words. Fred Smoot was mentioned earlier, and it is a worthy comparison. Smoot remembers every one of those 200+ yards.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanfranraidersfan wrote:

Think Think I'm trying to think of any reason why anyone can consider D. Hall the best corner in the league. Newman, Bailey, Winfield, Clements, Lucas are all better than him and guys like Dunta Robinson and Rashean Mathis are close to Hall in talent if not better as well.
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
AsianPlayer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is entertaining. I don't consider Hall to be the top CB in the game, but he is a top 10 CB. Chad Johnson pretty much does the same thing. I think as long as the player backs it up, then there is nothing wrong with it. Steve Smith still isn't 100% so I don't think he will embarrass Hall in week 1 like he did Fred Smoot last year, but later in the season, he probably will.
PanthersIn05

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viks_fan21 wrote:
sanfranraidersfan wrote:

wow, can a member be banned for ignorance? Sorry man, but I'd call him top 10 maybe.

Well you see, it's not his fault that he thinks that. He hears all the smack that Hall talks and sees him in the pro bowl so he figures he's the best. Although you're right, that is gross ignorance right there. That would be like me saying Ken Lucas is the best CB in the NFL. Granted I think he's right up there top 5 probably, but no better than 5 IMO.

Maverick41

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
sanfranraidersfan wrote:

Think Think I'm trying to think of any reason why anyone can consider D. Hall the best corner in the league. Newman, Bailey, Winfield, Clements, Lucas are all better than him and guys like Dunta Robinson and Rashean Mathis are close to Hall in talent if not better as well.

Bailey is not better than Hall, but the others are.

Champ Bailey is insanely overrated.

Poker is a lot like sex and driving; everyone thinks they're better at it than they actually are.

- Greg Raymer

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:
Michael Floyd is on track for 13K yards this season

dude you don't know what K means

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: