Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What happens?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macksb13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: What happens? Reply with quote

What happens if the first 6 picks of the draft are Rodgers, Mike Williams, Edwards, DJ, Merriman, and Ronnie Brown in no perticular order. What do you guys think we should do? Maybe trade down but to get what? This is the only way i think our draft can go bad.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Down adn try to draft Williamson
Superfreak842

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draft cedric benson
macksb13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Rb Reply with quote

We dont need another running back. We should take Rolle and put him at Safety. This guy is unbelievable and is the playmaker we all want. But i still want Mike Williams or Edwards over all others
LoverInTheCold

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless DJ, Merriman, Edwards or Williams fall to us (none of which are looking likely), the Vikes will take Cedric Benson. They will not hesitate. Anybody who thinks they will is in serious denial. They need to get at least one playmaker on the O from the Moss trade.
common cents

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a playmaker on offense...

he goes by the name of daunte cullpepper...and as long as we have him and a solid o-line our offense will continue to put up 20+ points a game. regardless if it's smith, bennett, williams, or moore in the backfield as long as we have daunte our o will be scary. but with that said if we could move o.smith and m.bennett for 2nd and third rounders and dj, merriman, and williams are gone then yep i'd snatch one of the top three rb's.
LoverInTheCold

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are little too infatuated with Culpepper as a QB in the NFL. Just because the man had one stellar season, doesn't mean he is going to dominate the league for years to come. Does anybody remember Daunte before last season, the man who tripped over his own feet preaseason of his rookie year and was benched in favor of Todd Bouman 2 years ago. Daunte had a decent first year with Carter,Smith and Moss around him and he had a stellar year last season. Big woop. I like the guy a lot and he will do us right for years to come, but big woop. He has had 16-20 great games so far, he is not Dan Marino.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you make it sound like if daunte was available, no other teams would want him. yeah, right!
LoverInTheCold

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any football team in the NFL would be crazy not to want him. He has a come a long way, all i'm saying is "don't count your chickens before they hatch" and Daunte is only cracking the shell.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh? sort of an odd analogy there....
LoverInTheCold

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a little odd, but all i'm saying is that: Give Daunte a few more years before we starting loving him up into the greats of all time category, which so many love to do. He has had 1 brilliant season. 1. That is it.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh... once again... daunte threw for 3900 yards his rookie season and 33 td's.

none of us are saying he ranks with the greatest of all time, just that he's one of the top three qb's in the nfl right now.
common cents

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry if you misunderstood me i never meant to say he was an all time great. you said every ofense needs a playmaker and i was pointing out ours already has one. there are only so many players in the league that defenses have to mark and study every day leading up to gameday. i.e. (moss, owens, tomlinson, vick, culpepper, etc.)

and i do stand by what i said the vikings if they went into the season with the exact o they have now, plus dixon, they would put up 20 points a game if they wanted, yes daunte is that good.

draft a running back i hate the idea what they need to do is get rid of a running back. now if they can get rid of two of'em than i agree go ahead and take a franchise rb. but as of now i'm sick of the committee.
Helter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comparing culpepper to marino at this stage of his career
get real ...
culpepper is one of the top QB right now give him another 15 years and then compare
LoverInTheCold

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never meant to bash Culpepper either. I think he just might go down in the history books in the years to come, I sure hope he does. For right now, I guess I just get a little frustrated when people hype him to high water. Hype sells jerseys, it doesn't win games. He's a nice kid, great player, top QB in the league, I think we can ALL agree on that. We're all on the same team here, no need to argue over it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: