Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Braylon Edwards pro day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missingmoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Braylon Edwards pro day Reply with quote

I found a site with pro day results and Edwards ran a 4.48 and a 4.50. He didn't have real good times in the shuttle. It did say overall it was a great workout and he didn't drop any passes, but the 40 time is well short of the 4.35 that was expected. I'm not big on 40 times, but it really seems to impact where guys get picked.
http://nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#mich
UtBDan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still hope we get Williams
Vikings fan.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am still crossing my fingers for Williams too
murraygd13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Edwards Reply with quote

Trade down a few spots if possible and take Merriman and use pick #18 to get Williamson from South Carolina or Clayton from Oklahoma. A WR core of Burelson, Taylor, Robinson, one of those 2 and Campbell would be fine. The Patroits keep winning without a superstar WR.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm murray, trade down for what, are you thinking?

like trade the 7th for a 9th or something and a 3rd round, maybe?
murraygd13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: trade down Reply with quote

Yeah, just a few spots if they think Merriman will slip til then. Kinda like they tried to do with Kevin Williams until Billick messed up and didn't get the trade in in time. Move down to pick 9-11 somewhere and pick up a 3rd or 4th pick..maybe even a 2nd next year. I just don't think Williams and Edwards are THAT much better than Clayton, Williamson or even a risky pick like Roddy White or Roscoe Parrish.
murraygd13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: trade Reply with quote

Don't be surprised to see them trade one of the 1st round picks for a team's next years 1st round pick either. This years class seems week and they could pick up a team's 1st rounder next year plus a few picks later on. This would also save Red some money if he still owns the team by not having to payout a signing bonus.
macksb13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: wr Reply with quote

Trust me Mike Williams and Braylan Edwards ARE that much better than Clayton and Williamson. It's like comparing TO and Moss to Tai Streets and David Terrell. And I think we need a number 1 reciever a lot more than we need a DE. The running game will be nothin without a passing game the other team will just put 8 in the in the box on every play.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: trade Reply with quote

murraygd13 wrote:
Don't be surprised to see them trade one of the 1st round picks for a team's next years 1st round pick either. This years class seems week and they could pick up a team's 1st rounder next year plus a few picks later on. This would also save Red some money if he still owns the team by not having to payout a signing bonus.

I actually would love that idea......This year we are pretty set. This way incase some1 leaves or doesn't perform we have and extra pick to work with for next years draft. I would shot to trade a team that we have low expectations for next year.
murraygd13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

Quote:
Trust me Mike Williams and Braylan Edwards ARE that much better than Clayton and Williamson. It's like comparing TO and Moss to Tai Streets and David Terrell.

How de we know? Terrell and Streets both were high picks.
macksb13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Wr Reply with quote

All i'm saying is Mike Williams and Braylen Edwards are in a class by themselves in this draft. They will be stars in the NFL. Both will be pro bowlers and will be elite Wide Recievers. The rest of the recievers in this draft will be ok second or third recievers for a team. Maybe one or two will be a little better but Williams and Edwards Will be stars and they are what we need. They are worth the two picks to get.
ezra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree i think they will both become great wide reciever and are at least one step above all the other WR in the draft

and just for laughs Terrell, streets and braylon all went to the UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
Fartman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want Williams for that reason. Michigan recievers can bust.
andrew91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams was, and still is the guy. Not a shock to me, Edwards is good, but he aint Big Mike.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

williams is a sure thing in the red zone , and both he and edwards will be great , but there are other receivers that will come into their own and be great as well ... after all there have been Wr picked early in the first round before and look at them now (boston , taylor , etc) still waiting to showcase them selves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: