Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greatest Franchise S's of All-time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the best S duo in Titans franchise history?
Norton and Houston
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Norton and Reinfeldt
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Norton and Robertson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Norton and Bishop
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Houston and Reinfeldt
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Houston and Robertson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Houston and Bishop
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Reinfeldt and Robertson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Reinfeldt and Bishop
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Robertson and Bishop
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Greatest Franchise S's of All-time Reply with quote

We're finishing up the all-time franchise team with safeties. Here is the team so far:

Offense
QB: Steve McNair
RB: Earl Campbell and Eddie George
WR: Charley Hennigan and Derrick Mason
OT: Bruce Matthews and Brad Hopkins
OG: Mike Munchak and Bob Talamini
C: Mark Stepnoski
TE: Frank Wycheck

Defense
DT: Curley Culp and Ray Childress

DE: Elvin Bethea and Jevon Kearse
LB: Robert Brazile, Gregg Bingham and Keith Bulluck
CB: Cris Dishman and Samari Rolle

Here are the nominees for safety:

Jim Norton: Norton starred at safety and also punter for the Houston Oilers from 1960 - 1968. When he retired, his 45 interceptions had set the franchise record, as had his 519 career punts. Norton was named to the All-Star team in 1962, 1963 and 1967. He was the first Oiler to have his jersey (#43) retired.

Ken Houston: Houston picked up where Norton left off, pushing him to free safety and assuming the strong safety position when he joined the Oilers. Houston's career spanned 14 seasons, but just six with the Oilers. He was a 12 time Pro-Bowler, in every season except his first and last. He was inducted into Pro Football's Hall of Fame in 1986.

Mike Reinfeldt: An undrafted free agent out of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Mike Reinfeldt built an all-pro career with the Houston Oilers. Mike played eight seasons and had a career high 12 interceptions in 1979, when he was named to his first Pro Bowl. He would return in 1980 before finally retiring from the game after 1982.

Marcus Robertson: An Iowa State grad, Robertson played 10 years for the Oilers/Titans from 1991 - 2000. He recorded 22 interceptions and 468 tackles during his career.

Blaine Bishop: Bishop played nine seasons with the Oilers/Titans franchise and earned a reputation as one of the hardest hitting safeties in the NFL. A four-time Pro-Bowler ('95, '96, '97 and 2000), Bishop recorded 517 tackles with the franchise including a career high 78 from the safety position in just his second year with the team.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norton/Houston...No brainer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately the deepest position we have all time. Houston is easily a shoe in. Norton put up some great Int stats showing me he had amazing ball hawk skills. Bishop was the heart and soul of our D for many years, and was well regarded, respected, and feared throughout the NFL. IMHO, his style of play is the pure definition of a SS. Can't not vote him in. So I go Houston and Bishop.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus wrote:
Norton/Houston...No brainer

I agree.

I dont see anyway of not voting for them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote goes for Houston and Bishop. Bishop was a tough mama jama and would plant your plant your face mask in your grill. Kind of hard to overlook that. Never got to see Norton play, but sounds very good also. Tough call but Bishop gets my nod over Norton.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: