Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated Bears Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dacoach13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Updated Bears Mock Reply with quote

#1) Mike Williams-WR-USC- there are criticisms that he is slow, but he has great size, hands, and playmaking ability. wait a minute that sounds alot like the scouting report on muhammed. two big physical guys and a speedy guy like berrian, its getting better.
#2) Ernest Shazor-S-Michigan- not the biggest need but at 6'4' 220lb with very good speed and experience could start immediately. could even play olb if needed.
#4) Brandon Jacobs-RB-SIU- has excellent size and straight line speed, not the most agile guy but can wear down a defense in the 4th.
#5) Stefon leFors-QB-Louisville- he was the most productive qb in football last year with 4.5 speed, if he were 3" inches taller he would be a 1st-2nd rounder. worth a shot here, since we didnt get a experienced backup in fa.
#6)Jonathan Nichols-K-Mississippi- Edinger has flat out sucked since the middle of '03. here is a little competition so he'd better shape up or ship out.
#7) Chris Myers-G-Miami- solid starter who play against great competition every day in practice. needs a little wieght but has played G, C, and T.

ROSTER
QB- grossman, hutch, lefors
RB- t.jones, jacobs, a.peterson
FB- b.johnson
wr- muhammed, berrian
wr- m.williams, gage, wade
te- d.clark, lyman
lt- tait, columbo
rt- f.miller, columbo
g- r.brown, myers
g- metcalf, tucker
c- kruetz

de- ogunleye, haynes
de- a.smith, s.pierson
dt- i.scott, t.johnson
dt- t.harris, boone
ilb- urlacher, hillenmayer
olb- briggs, reese
olb- odom, reese
cb- tillman, mcquarters
cb- azumah, vasher
ss- shazor, m.green
fs- m.brown, t.johnson

k- edinger, nichols
p- maynard
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say that I would be upset if that's how our draft ended up. That would fill some holes on both sides of the ball.

But I see you have Azumah starting in front of Vasher... not that I disagree with that - but they need to find a way to get Vasher on the field, the man is a playmaker.

Odom is a definate weak spot on the Def... he just will not do. Hopefully we aren't done in the FA market and can snag an OLB.
Los Osos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think LeFors is great. Great personal story surronding his family also. Is he really a fifth round projection??
dacoach13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grlacher, i agree a playmaker like vasher must be on the field i just think he will work w/ the slot recievers this year. and shorter qbs not named vick i believe have a tendency to fall but thats just off the top of my head, and i hope lefors does too.
GRRLacher

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
vasher must be on the field i just think he will work w/ the slot recievers this year

Do you mean that Vasher should be moved to WR ?? Or are you saying that he should be the nickle back to come in on three WR sets and cover the slot reciever? Sorry... I'm a little out of it today - need more coffee. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Jacobs pick. I've heard he runs a 4.4 at 240 pounds.
DABEARS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i like the draft but i dont see us taking shazor if one of the good OLBs is still out there and i doubt they will draft a QB again and have to develop 3 young qbs instead of 2. I like the jacobs pick hopefully he will be around then in the 4th.
dacoach13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought about an olb in the 2nd but the i think burnett will be swept up by then and i am really high on shazor, i see pro bowls in his future. and to clarify i meant to have vasher working against the slot recievers. sorry, st patty's is still lingering
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 wrote:
I like the Jacobs pick. I've heard he runs a 4.4 at 240 pounds.
He runs a 4.59, same speed as Mike Williams, at 6'3" 5/8 and 261lbs. Ya he's awesome. Also LeFors supprised me big time by runnig a 4.53 because not only is he fast he can throw. He was Awesome in the senior bowl he may have made his draft status alot higher depending on how he did in positional drills. He would be a great fit and a would put some pressure on Grossman. Ya they do need a OLB over Odom big time hopefully they will get Polley or Simmons. But who is Reese? Who you have backing up the othe OLBs because Ike signed with ATL.
dacoach13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus reese is a 3rd year man out of ucla
BoKnowsFootball

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that an OLB would be a better pick in the 2nd round, but thats if one falls to us (Burnett, Blackstock, etc.)

I still think Offensive Gaurd should be the position that we go for with our 2nd rounder (Brown, Bass) but OLB is a big need as well.

I would love to have Shazor on our team and I think he would fit well in our defense, but I think OLB and OG are bigger needs at this point.
GRRLacher

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think OLB and OG are bigger needs at this point.

I agree with the OLB part... but I think we are ok on the offensive line now that we picked up Garza. I know... he's not that great - but he's solid enough RG to start 15 games for the Falcons last year who, by the way, led the NFL in rushing yards, so he can't be too bad.

Tait/Brown/Kruetz/Garza/Miller

That ain't too shabby. And for backups we still have Columbo, Mitchell, Metcalf, Tucker and Edwards. Consistency is gonna be the issue, as long as the starters stay healthy this line will open holes and give Grossman time.
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Grrr. O-Line seems fine. I think we can safely subtract Tucker from the mix at this point. He'll be 2.4M in dead money next year, but it's worth an extra roster spot.
BoKnowsFootball

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right I totally forgot about Garza and I thought Tucker was the current starter, my bad. OLB it is.
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would you pick between the two? Which do you think is more likely to fall? Too close to call?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: