Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who to take?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joncam62

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Who to take? Reply with quote

1. Mike Williams
2. Ronnie Brown
3. Cedric Benson
4. Derrick Johnson
5. Carnell Williams

Those are the five players that I see the Bucs taking on almost every mock draft I see. With most people going with Carnell Williams. However, above is the order in which I would want those players. I just am not sold on Carnell. What are your thoughts on Carnell?
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnell is a excellent player with rare vision and great speacial teams play but does not catch many passes. Their is the problem with Carnell going to the Bucc's, considering we run an West Coast offense it would be good for the running back to have excellent recieing capabilities. Thats why Ronnie Brown is our man, and I've been saying this since the regular seaon ended.
Griese2Clayton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way the Bucs use the #5 pick for one of these RB's. Clearly none are worth it. They must go for a WR, Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams. Can't go wrong with either one.
Vigilante

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your not sold on Carnell Williams, you need to watch more of him.

As a back, he has incredible vision, reads blocks well, very good explosive power for his size, works hard every down and is a good player in general
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Caddy play against USC two years in a row, and this guy has the quickest feet on the planet. From the stands i could only see his upper-body move because his feet were in over-drive. Not to mention his vision, which is superior to any of his competition in this draft. and he did this against the great USC defense (two-time champs baby!) And everything Vigilante said should be taken into account. Don't sleep on this kid for one minute, he is easily my favorite back in the country and i'm from los angeles where i watch reggie bush, lendale white and mo drew on a consistant basis!
joncam62

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well let me ask this now...would you take Ronnie Brown or Carnell Williams? Personally, I would take Brown, he is 230 lbs, runs a 4.3, catches the ball better than Williams (at least was used more at Auburn than Williams was for receiving), and is the best back in the draft at picking up the blitz.
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie Brown has the 4.3 speed and is 230 lbs...but at 205 lbs the Caddy broke more takles per carry, and is much more elusive than Brown. Brown won't be to use his speed as often as the Caddy will because the Caddy will be in the open field more often...and the Cadillac put on 13 more lbs...he's up to 218, thats heavier than Edge! and he still hasn't lost a step!
tdfast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn between Caddy and Ronnie Brown. First round we take one of them if and only if DJ is off the board. We need a running game but I won't be able to live with myself in three years if we pass on DJ and watch him go to the Pro Bowl. If we get DJ second round holds lots of possibilities for a RB. Stop talk about Edge, not possible and not a good idea. Second round RB and get K in third. LeFors could be fun to watch after Gruden's had some time with him, worth a 4th. Depth at that point which I'm sorry to say we need quite a bit.
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdfast wrote:
I'm torn between Caddy and Ronnie Brown. First round we take one of them if and only if DJ is off the board. We need a running game but I won't be able to live with myself in three years if we pass on DJ and watch him go to the Pro Bowl. If we get DJ second round holds lots of possibilities for a RB. Stop talk about Edge, not possible and not a good idea. Second round RB and get K in third. LeFors could be fun to watch after Gruden's had some time with him, worth a 4th. Depth at that point which I'm sorry to say we need quite a bit.

Yeah, thats what i'm talkin about! I like this tdfast...theres no faster TD than one returned by the defense!
Idi Amin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie Brown Will not last to #5

Miami will take him, and if they don't, Cleveland will

personally, I think you should take whichever WR Chicago doesn't take (or DJ) and take RB in 2nd round.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think Ronnie Brown will go that high? That would surprise me, I'm expecting Benson going to Miami and thinking DJ will go to Cleveland. Has Brown's stock risen that much since the combine? Or have Cadillac and Benson fallen off?

P.S. We don't need another WR, of all our problems that's not very high on the list. Get a running game and youth on D.
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youth on D is a need, but a need to be adressed later in the draft as for O-line youth. Running Game is the need, Brown should be their and if not I'd say trade down for an additional second round pick.
tdfast

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can get an RB is round 2, Arrington will probably be there, Gore will be there (maybe even later). The system makes the RB in the league today, get the right guy and he'll fit. Remember Gore is the guy who took the starting job away from Willie McGahee in Miami before he got hurt. We need youth on D and O-line depth will work later on in the draft.
Griese2Clayton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the Bucs need to trade down with the #5 pick. The only exception would be if Mike Williams was still around, but that is very unlikely. Wasting this pick for one of the 3 RB's is insane. Plenty of other good running backs later in this draft. DJ is nice but not worth a #5. If Edwards or Smith falls maybe the Bucs could get full value trading down. Exclamation
Ctagmyer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u guys need everything RB WR QB Lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: