Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Corey Simon for Darren Howard?/Eagles offseason on Defense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Corey Simon for Darren Howard?/Eagles offseason on Defense Reply with quote

I was wondering about the possibility of trading Corey Simon to the Saints for Darren Howard Question First work out a long-term deal with Howard.The cap # seem to match. After this we could move up in the draft to grab Travis Johnson from Florida State. Imagine that for a D-Line.

LE-Darren Howard
RE-Jevon Kearse
DT-Travis Johnson,Darwin Walker

After this The Eagles should pursue Anthony Simmons who is underrated and if healthy, one hell of an OLB. He will most likely sign for less and this would be one of the best pickups of the off-season, for the second year in a row, the Eagles will be one of the big winners in the offseason Exclamation

WILL-Anthony Simmons
MIKE-Jerrimiah Trotter
SAM-Dhani Jones
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saints are asking for a 2nd rounder. No reason at all to trade them Simon. Keep Simon and send them the 35.

Howard, Simon, Walker and Kearse is easily a top 5 D Line in the nfl if not the best.

I also want Simmons, if the Eagles could get Simmons and Howard(far-fetched) they would easily have the best defense in the nfl next year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big question is what is he asking for moneywise....has anyone heard? By the way, how old is he?

Any chance we could get away with giving them 64? Or atleast (ok I know I'm complecating things) getting Howard and their #2 for both of the Eagles?
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles could give the 64th, but they'd have to add say their 4th and washingtons 5th to make it more worth while for the Saints.

Saints will probably do 35th for him.

Also any team will negotiate a contract with him before any trade will happen.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
trice25asn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howards only been in the league for like 4 or 5 years so that would be a great pickup for us. Either way as long as he doesn't go to Dallas i'll be fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: