Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

31million in cap room.Who's next to be signed?Best scenario!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: 31million in cap room.Who's next to be signed?Best scenario! Reply with quote

They actually have 31mil left they need to get on the ball and keep on signing talent. The best players available now are-
OG B.Anderson or R.Garza
WR P.Buress or T.Streets or C.Bradford or D.Givens
LB T.Polley or J.Foreman or J.Sharper or E.Hartwell.
DE M.Douglas
FS I.Bashir or D.Jackson

My best scenario is signing OG B.Andeson, WR D.Givens, T.Polley.
Then trading RB M.Bennett for 3rd rd pick. Then trading that 3rd rd pick and this years and next years 2nd pick to the Seahawks for RB S.Alexander. Then Drafting WR M.Williams at #7 then DE J.Tuck or D.Pollack at #18 or S.Merriman at #7 and WR M.Clayton or T.Williamson.

Lineup QB D.Culpepper RB S.Alexander FB J.Kleinsasser TE J.Wiggins
WR T.Williamson,D.Givens,N.Burleson,T.Taylor OT B.McKinnie Ot M.Rosenthal OG L.Kelly OG B.Anderson C M.Birk

DE S.Merriman,K.Udezi DT K.Williams,P.Williams OLB T.Polley, N.Harris MLB E.Henderson CB F.Smoot,A.Winfield FS C.Chavous SS D.Sharper.

What do you think of my ideas and or who would you sign?
Helter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see us go after jamie sharper no dout we would be going to the SB
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm we do not have 31 million left........ we had 31 million the day after we signed Pat Williams and since then we signed sharper, Smoot, and Tayler
hinzvikes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 31million in cap room.Who's next to be signed?Best scena Reply with quote

mr.knowitall wrote:
They actually have 31mil left they need to get on the ball and keep on signing talent. The best players available now are-
OG B.Anderson or R.Garza
WR P.Buress or T.Streets or C.Bradford or D.Givens
LB T.Polley or J.Foreman or J.Sharper or E.Hartwell.
DE M.Douglas
FS I.Bashir or D.Jackson

My best scenario is signing OG B.Andeson, WR D.Givens, T.Polley.
Then trading RB M.Bennett for 3rd rd pick. Then trading that 3rd rd pick and this years and next years 2nd pick to the Seahawks for RB S.Alexander. Then Drafting WR M.Williams at #7 then DE J.Tuck or D.Pollack at #18 or S.Merriman at #7 and WR M.Clayton or T.Williamson.

Lineup QB D.Culpepper RB S.Alexander FB J.Kleinsasser TE J.Wiggins
WR T.Williamson,D.Givens,N.Burleson,T.Taylor OT B.McKinnie Ot M.Rosenthal OG L.Kelly OG B.Anderson C M.Birk

DE S.Merriman,K.Udezi DT K.Williams,P.Williams OLB T.Polley, N.Harris MLB E.Henderson CB F.Smoot,A.Winfield FS C.Chavous SS D.Sharper.

What do you think of my ideas and or who would you sign?

There is not 31 mil left that was right after we signed Pat Williams then you still have to subtract the signings of Sharper, Johnson, Taylor, and Smoot
common cents

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep...i wish you were right mr. know it all, but your not. oh well back to the drawing board.

burress signed with the giants to or so i hear.

little birdy might be back
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this cap figure was on March 4th but if you know a website that has it updated ant further than that please let me know. Either way the Vikings still have a significant amount of cap room, somewhere along the lins of 14 to 19 mil still left and that is still enough to aquire the players and drat picks in my scenario.
Serick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how they've structured the signing bonuses for the guys they've signed? I hope they did them all as roster bonuses. I think using roster bonuses instead of signing bonuses will ensure that we don't end up over the cap 5 years down the line.
Lee121503

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one I know of is Sharpers and he had a 1 million dollar signing bonus and a 4 million dollar roster bonus. He's counting a total of about 5 million on the cap this year.
tongtonk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that they are gonna need 12-14 million to sign their draft picks. I wouldn't be suprised if they were done with major free agents at this point.

TONGTONK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: