You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Next Season Predictions?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where will the Skins finish in the NFC East next year?
1st
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
2nd
45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
3rd
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
4th
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

e16bball

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Next Season Predictions? Reply with quote

I'm not gonna ask about records or playoffs or anything like that, its just too early. But how do you think the NFC East will break down next year?

Personally I think it will look like this:
1. Philadelphia
2. Washington
3. Dallas
4. New York

Any differing opinions?
sootedpair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will depend on Ramsey, Bledsoe and Manning. The better of the three will get the second spot in my opinion.

I voted that we'd finish 3rd, but as soon as I did it, I questioned myself. If we can get over this slump we've had against the Cowboys we can take 2nd. I think our defense will be great again, but Dallas' defense should be pretty damn good too. If they use the 3-4 too much though, I think they'll fail.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo e16 idk think it will be like that but nfc east is heating up with burress going to new york and if we dont get mike i think we wont do good this season we dont need a cb wright now we r fine
redskins4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell no, guys! The Redskins are going to be 1st. We had the 2nd rank defense last year. We are going to stretch the field on offense under Gibbs. Moss and Patten are going to provide some amazing highlights and make Ramsey look so good. Skins all the way for me and I accept no less!
Redskins

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philly
Giants
Skins
Cowboys

That's just how I see it going but all the teams have the ability to finish anywhere.

RIP Sean Taylor
riggensghost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already know our defense will be better than last year, even with the departure of Pierce and Smoot. Our performance will depend on Ramsey and our new WR corps. Without them stretching the field vertically and forcing defenders to not pack the box, it opens up the running game (Portis got 1300 yds with people packing 7-8 defenders in the box against him) and allows for plays in the middle (Portis/Cooley/McCants)

If there is any chemistry at all with Moss/Patten then we have a legitimate shot to lock up second and contend with the Eagles who will do well but will have a much harder schedule next year than the easy ride they got last year.

Sean Taylor, Defensive MVP of the league 2006
Kix4Trids

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the scores last year, the Eagles are not that much better than us. TO was shut down (like 2 receptions in 2 games, and 1 fumble), they had no running game.

Give us an offense that can get us 1-2 more TDs a game, and we can take them. I think we can finally boot them out of first if our offense gets going.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think if we got mike williams it would help rampsey out alot but if we dont get him and if antrell rolle was there i wouldnt mind taking him i dont really like pac man although he is a good player we a bigger cb pac man is pretty small
goskins

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: cool Reply with quote

i just relized that TO is like 30 so he will be good for another 2-3 years and then they will drop him

can someone give me a list of all the people we can possibly cut
sootedpair

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: cool Reply with quote

goskins wrote:
i just relized that TO is like 30 so he will be good for another 2-3 years and then they will drop him

can someone give me a list of all the people we can possibly cut

TO isn't exactly young, but he's probably in better shape than anyone in the entire NFL. If he wants to, he could probably play another 8-10 years.

I don't know what you mean by "people we can possibly cut". We can cut anyone, so I assume you're wondering about the salary cap ramifications of each player. I got this URL from another thread in the this forum. It gives a breakdown of each players cap hit and what it would cost if we cut them through the remainder of their contract.

http://www.thewarpath.net/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm
FrankCastle51573

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins wrote:
Philly
Giants
Skins
Cowboys

That's just how I see it going but all the teams have the ability to finish anywhere.

Philly or Dallas
Dallas or Philly
Giants or Deadskins
Deadskins or Giants

That's just how I see it going, because well tools are there on all 4 teams, but Washingon can't put chemistry together for crap and have a terrible Owner. The Cowboys don't have as much talent as they'd like, but have a great coach in BP and can put together productivity at any time (i.e. 10-6 season). The Giants all hate their coach, and well, what else do you need to know? The Eagles are the biggest chokers ever, don't be surprised if Dallas gets 1st this year. In reality, this is BP's year to show what he's got.

The Cowboys are better than the Deadskins. Deadskins havent made the playoffs in 20 years. Deadskins havent beat the Cowboys in like 3 or 4, even though our QBs have changed just about every year. End of story.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankCastle51573 wrote:
Redskins wrote:
Philly
Giants
Skins
Cowboys

Philly or Dallas
Dallas or Philly
Giants or Deadskins
Deadskins or Giants

That's just how I see it going, because well tools are there on all 4 teams, but Washingon can't put chemistry together for crap and have a terrible Owner. The Cowboys don't have as much talent as they'd like, but have a great coach in BP and can put together productivity at any time (i.e. 10-6 season). The Giants all hate their coach, and well, what else do you need to know? The Eagles are the biggest chokers ever, don't be surprised if Dallas gets 1st this year. In reality, this is BP's year to show what he's got.

The Cowboys are better than the Deadskins. Deadskins havent made the playoffs in 20 years. Deadskins havent beat the Cowboys in like 3 or 4, even though our QBs have changed just about every year. End of story.

I don't understand why a Cowboys fan would go to someone else's forum and talk smack like his team is good. The Cowboys suck! The Skins suck too, but we're not talking smack over in your forum.

You went to the playoffs with a coked up QB and then canned him. Now you've got another old man at QB and you'll suck again. Parcells will quit on you, and you'll end up with a bunch of his old players and a new coach that will probably just be a yes man for Jones. That's the reality, now deal with it.
jason82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the redskins look like they should be a competeter on paper, but if the redskins have proved anything the past few years, its not to get your hopes up.
FrankCastle51573

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sootedpair wrote:

I don't understand why a Cowboys fan would go to someone else's forum and talk smack like his team is good. The Cowboys suck! The Skins suck too, but we're not talking smack over in your forum.

You went to the playoffs with a coked up QB and then canned him. Now you've got another old man at QB and you'll suck again. Parcells will quit on you, and you'll end up with a bunch of his old players and a new coach that will probably just be a yes man for Jones. That's the reality, now deal with it.

What I was saying was based on fact. Plus I was replying to this guys sig; read it and you'll rethink your statements. You remind me of Danny Snyder, running his mouth and acting with his money and authority, before realizing what the true situation is. What you were saying, was crap. Besides, our "coked up" QB beat you twice. Then our 42 year old QB beat you twice. LOL. (Again Fact) "That's the reality, now deal with it." What happened with Joe Gibbs; your savior. He was gonna bring you back to your only Super Bowl days. I guess that was just overhyped, because on paper you all have a great team and do not suck, but when you get on the field, you play like crap. That is just fact. You have a way better Offense than us, and a pretty good defense. We have a terrible offense and a pretty good defense. We still beat you. Everything I am saying is fact, buddy. I didnt' make stupid assumptions about your team, even though i should, because knowing your owner, something stupid is bound to happen.

My true advice, biasness aside: Trade down, get more picks, because next year you're gonna have some cap problems. If it were the Cowboys in this situation they'd probably do that (BP = Bill Belichik + Charlie Weis + Romeo Crennel).

User - "Rediskins" sig = We are better than the Cowboys. End of story.
Look at it buddy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant we all have a friendly conversation, and then be friends and have milk and cookies together?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: