Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Williams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Mike Williams Reply with quote

With all the upside with Mike Williams do u think he'll be good when hes around 30 years old? He runs a 4.6 at 230, so when hes 30 do u think he'll weigh more and be slower? I know it wont matter but i dont want a Keyshawn johnson

I would luv if we draft the guy. I think it'll be freakin awsome.
But i was just think long term.

Williams may have a weight problem. He said he got down to 220 and felt weak.

Just let me know what you think.
Burton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you should look that far ahead. How do you know he'll still be a Titan the. However, a WR his size and with is playing style I don't think he'll lose much in his early 30's because speed isn't something he utilizes much.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30's was kinda to old to ask. How about around 27.
Burton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would probably be in his prime, if he doesn't turn out to be a bust. But age will probably not be as big of a factor as it will for speedy recievers like calico. Speed deminishes at a young age, but williams will always have the strength and his playmaking ability (Rice had it into his late 30's and maybe his early 40's, but now i think he's lost it) so i see him playing in to league for many years assuming he turns out to be good and doesn't get injured.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
BALD_EAGLE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams might decline when he gets older, but we cant look at that. We need to just look at the next year or two.
Remeber Calico will be our speed guy this year, so if we get Williams, we will have three receiver that are all 6-4 or above with Calico, Bennett, & Williams, withthat size, they dont have to be as fast or quick. There wont be many CB that can jam them at the line or out jump them. That would be impossible for anyteam to cover so many tall recievers. They just dont have that many tall CBs. So we would always have a mismatch on the outside with atleast one of them.

Plus you know Chow is pushing for Williams, and we have all heard have Williams thinks it would be neet to be reunited with Chow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: