Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rodgers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Rodgers Reply with quote

According to NFL.com, his workout was almost identical to Smith's. Smith had 3 balls hit the ground with 2 being dropped and the 3rd was the last throw of the day. Rodgers had 4 balls hit the ground. 3 of them were drops and the last was an overthrow like Smith's. This makes it so much harder for the Niners. I think NIners has to pick the QB with the most room to grow. I think that might be Smith.
Montana168

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats great news i think tho. i think this proves that aaron rodgers can play under pressure, kind of. there was a lot of pressure on his shoulders to put up numbers like smith put up , but then again smith was under thats same pressure. but i think rodgers should be our qb, i just dont see it in smith.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys know how I feel about the QB's. But with both QB's having excellent showing I feel would should start getting some serious trade offers. Hopefully we can try and crack a deal like S.D got last year for Manning. But if we stay put hands down Rodgers should be the man
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom line is now, Rodgers, Smith, Edwards, Brown, and possibly Benson (once he works out) are all staking a claim for #1. IMO, the possibility of a trade down is improving steadily. Good news! Because then we can do what we really need to do and draft Marcus Spears to fill our biggest need. If we can pull that off... Cool
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Spears Question our biggest need?

Ok we should just forget about the quarterback position all together than is what your saying we should just run the wishbone offense because not one of the quarterbacks we have right now can take this team to the playoffs let alone superbowl.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:
Marcus Spears Question our biggest need?

Ok we should just forget about the quarterback position all together than is what your saying we should just run the wishbone offense because not one of the quarterbacks we have right now can take this team to the playoffs let alone superbowl.

I didn't say that. If they want a QB, there are about 9 prospects available in rounds 2-5 that all have solid potential. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think a 3-4 DE is our biggest need. It was offensive line, but the Jennings signing fixed a lot of that (perhaps grabbing Baas or Brown at the top of round 2 is in the cards as well). But whatever man... Rolling Eyes
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not our biggest need we allready have about 5 d-lineman capable of starting we have zero quarterbacks capable of starting if you draft a second round pick that # stays at zero.

Spears is good and yes we need to implicate the 3-4 but Dline is probably the deepest position in the draft with players sure to slip and quality 2nd round picks I'm sure we can find a 3-4 capable guy later on.

If it is anything other than QB with the signing of Boston it better be Corner because the rest of the team is solid and can grow from what it is now.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now we have Bryant Young, Chris Cooper, and Tony Brown at DE. You're telling me we don't need a DE? We absolutely need a DE. A lot more than a CB...Plummer is back healthy, Rumph is back healthy, Spencer progressed rapidly last season, and Joselio Hanson as the 4th CB is plenty good. The prospects at QB available in rounds 2-6: Charlie Frye, Gino Guidugli, Jason Campbell, David Greene, Adrian McPherson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kyle Orton, Andrew Walter, Dan Orlovsky, Derek Anderson, Stefan LeFors, Bryan Randall, Walter Washington...all have potential. And they'll be affordable. A DE is crucial, and Spears is the best (3-4) DE in the draft.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are starting DE's are Young and Adams. Issac will play nose tackle. Big need is DE but not our biggest. The dropoff in QB threw round 2-6 is huge from the 1st.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:
Are starting DE's are Young and Adams. Issac will play nose tackle. Big need is DE but not our biggest. The dropoff in QB threw round 2-6 is huge from the 1st.

Adams is staying inside, according to the coach. Depth is crucial. We have the depth part, IMO, with Chris Cooper and Tony Brown (and supposedly Andrew Williams has put on weight, if he can ever stay healthy). But we need a starter opposite BY, and Spears could and should be that man.

The QB dropoff is not huge at all. Rodgers and Smith are not can't-miss prospects at all; they're simply the two best in a draft with lots of successful potential players. The bottom line is: if we draft a QB, whether it's in round 1 or round 7, they're still a project. Rodgers and Smith are both projects, but they are the most polished at this point. All signs point to Rattay starting in 2005, and we can save ourselves $54 million if we can trade down and get a need player, which Spears is.
Montana168

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are all talking about DE in here and nobody mentioned andre carter once. i dont think he moved to linebacker so why no tlak of him?? hes a very talented DE i know he's not best suited for the 3-4 D but he's still going to be good, or are we likely trading or cutting him or what?
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana168 wrote:
you guys are all talking about DE in here and nobody mentioned andre carter once. i dont think he moved to linebacker so why no tlak of him?? hes a very talented DE i know he's not best suited for the 3-4 D but he's still going to be good, or are we likely trading or cutting him or what?

He is moving to LB...rush LB, kinda like a Willie McGinest type.
DManRP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to upgrade Andre Carter. I think with him at LB, even if it is prodimantly rushing the passer, he's a liability, is it me or does anybody else think he's unathletic? Sooner or later he WILL have to drop back in pass coverage, and we all saw what happened against Miami last season. Not to mention, lately Carter can't even come up with sacks when the quarterback runs right into him. Aaron Rodgers though, is definetely the top qb in this draft, I think he might be the top player.
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Carter had a bad back last year. So he had no power against offensive tackles. Next year he will be heathier and better than he was this past year.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DManRP wrote:
Aaron Rodgers though, is definetely the top qb in this draft, I think he might be the top player.

I would disagree, but hopefully some teams think Rodgers is. Hopefully some think Smith is. Hopefully some think Edwards, or Brown, or Benson is. Hopefully we can keep our cards hidden and force someone's hand into a trade down...would work out well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: