You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vernand Morency Impresses

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Vernand Morency Impresses Reply with quote

Quote:
Head coach Gary Kubiak told HoustonTexans.com that he was happy with the performance of Vernand Morency in Saturday's preseason game at St. Louis. "I liked the way he got the ball downhill, which is something we've been preaching to him," Kubiak said. "He did some good stuff; he wore down a bit there, and I told him I want him to be able to go all day, but it was encouraging to see him play well."
(Updated 08/21/2006).

This was the latest news from my fantasy football site on him (CBSSportsline).......

What do you guys think about him starting if Domanick Davis is out more time this season then thought to be???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind if he started. In fact, I hope he starts over Smith if Davis is injured. Hopefully Davis won't miss that much time but if he does I have faith in Morency.

^LORK 88^
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
I wouldn't mind if he started. In fact, I hope he starts over Smith if Davis is injured. Hopefully Davis won't miss that much time but if he does I have faith in Morency.

Ya I agree.

Hes looked great in the Preseason thus far and it gives me more confidence that his coach is behind him as well now....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about Morency, he just ran over the defense and found holes where there wern't any.

The offesive line did good as well though.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
I agree about Morency, he just ran over the defense and found holes where there wern't any.

The offesive line did good as well though.

Ya I know.

The offensive line surprised me alot. That was against the first team offense as well so it wasnt with all the defenses bench players in there.

Morency is very quick though and blows right through holes when he sees them. I think that he will see a decent amount of carries as DD's backup this year.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: