Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who do u like the best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

who is your fav. free agent pick up
fred smoot
73%
 73%  [ 19 ]
pat willams
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
darren sharper
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
travis taylor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

goviks26

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: who do u like the best Reply with quote

i like smoot the best hes only 25 and has a good future ahead of him in minnesota
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Sharper becasue we feared him for many years in the past and now we have taken him away from tha Packers and now THEY will have to fear him. I also think he will step up and be a defensive leader for us.
common cents

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like phat pat...i think he will have the biggest impact on our team...hes going to free up alot of space for k-williams and udeze to have monster seasons as well as kepping blockers off our lbs leting them pursue and close on the ball carriers.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes Phat pat will do wonders for our rush defense..... Our defense SHOULD be top 10 in the NFL......I just think me need another LB
Lee121503

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like taking Sharper from the Pack. He'll be a difference maker and it really shored up our DBs and we were able to stop going after Darius because of him. And now maybe his bro will come play with him too.
andrew91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takking Sharper from the pack will make the best impact.....but I like Smoot better

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I like them all. Travis Taylor doesn't do it for me, but he is what 27,28 ? He was a top 10 pick, and we didn't give him a huge contract, so whatever. I like the three defensive additions, they all filled needs. Getting Sharper from the Pack was great. I hope he is the last guy to pick off Favre. Phat Pat is good for obvious reasons. I would have to say that I like getting Smoot the most, because he is still young.
nickelpete

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like most people don't like the Taylor deal, however, I would like to point out that his contract was like 2 mill for 2 years. That makes him roughly the cheapest 3rd receiver in the league; when you think about it, that's a great deal! Taylor isn't supposed to be the next Randy Moss... Burleson's ready to make the jump as a #1 threat. Robinson will still be there as a possession receiver to catch the jump ball, leaving Taylor as a great option in a three receiver set. It's a low risk, big reward potential. What, would you rather have us dump 12 million guaranteed cash on an over-the-hill "lucky year" guy like the Bears did in Muhsin Muhammad? *snicker*

Prediction: By this time next year, Taylor will produce the most bang for the buck...
common cents

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

picks up nickepetes two cents....

yep taylor in my opinion is a great pick-up...he was a top ten talent that was wasted in the ravens system and no im not saying he's going to the pro-bowl or anything just that i think he's a much better reciever than his production shows. he will be a great third reciever and spot starter for when robinson gets hurt, i like his speed, size is decent, and i think his hands are better than most people give credit for.
SKOL_VIKES

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every pickup we've had this offseason has been huge and will pay dividends in the 05-06 season. The best pick, Smoot. Two, count 'em, two shutdown corners who play the run excellently. Where do you throw the ball? My fav pick, Sharper. I hate the pack with every fiber of my being and seeing their horrible defense lose its best player was delightful.

Props to VIKES 4 LIFE on the sig
Helter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smoot ... gives us the defensive backs we need to let the LB's and safeties blitz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: