You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Who??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagle_scout94

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
I still think it was a bad move by Houston. A Reggie Bush type player comes around once in a lifetime. He can hurt you rushing the ball and catching the ball.

As for Mario, im not so sure on him. He has all of the physical attributes to be successful but does he have the technique? He is a very raw player, it could take years for him to have a 10 sack season. What happens in 4 years from now if Reggie Bush is a 100 yrd back and Williams is still a 5-6 sack guy, will Texan fans turn on him?

Am I the only one who seems to remember hearing "once in a lifetime" about a lot of players in recent drafts? Reggie Bush is an excellent player, but I'm not willing to label him "once in a lifetime" just yet. Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice...these are "once in a lifetime" players.

I think that term is completely overrated.

"No player in Boston sports history has sent home this many people with electrifying moments of greatness." - Dan Shaunghnessy on David Ortiz
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the Mario Williams pick in the first place, and the pick is looking better and better as Morency impresses. Davis and Morency is an awesome young cobo and in the ZBS, you don't need a big-time RB. Kubiak could plug in anyone in that scheme and make it work. It will be a long time before this can be settled, but I think the Texans made the right choice because I think Mario will be a great DE for the Texans (and I think Reggie will be good as well as long as he bulks up).
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
texansfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
I liked the Mario Williams pick in the first place, and the pick is looking better and better as Morency impresses. Davis and Morency is an awesome young cobo and in the ZBS, you don't need a big-time RB. Kubiak could plug in anyone in that scheme and make it work. It will be a long time before this can be settled, but I think the Texans made the right choice because I think Mario will be a great DE for the Texans (and I think Reggie will be good as well as long as he bulks up).

I agree. Kubiak brings over the philosophy that you can turn any running back into a winner if they're behind the right O-line. And that seems to be the case with Lundy and Morency looking great for us. So to add a pass-rusher like Mario, is more valuable than a running back.

And just to note, I finally watched the tape of the Texans game against St Louis. And I don't think that we looked all that impressive, but I thought Mario did a tremendous job of collapsing the pocket. When I watched he was constantly being double-teamed and was still pushing through. I think once he gets comfortable, he will be a force.
steelcity43

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie is still Reggie, i believe mario will turn into nothing more than an average player.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
I still think it was a bad move by Houston. A Reggie Bush type player comes around once in a lifetime. He can hurt you rushing the ball and catching the ball.

As for Mario, im not so sure on him. He has all of the physical attributes to be successful but does he have the technique? He is a very raw player, it could take years for him to have a 10 sack season. What happens in 4 years from now if Reggie Bush is a 100 yrd back and Williams is still a 5-6 sack guy, will Texan fans turn on him?

Reggie Bush type player doesnt always come around once in a lifetime...Mario is the type of player that comes around once in a lifetime.

He is Raw...but has the tools and drive to become a 10+ sack guy. He hasnt been a huge factor in pre-season, but at times hes mudering his guy in the games I have watched.

It takes time for a guy like him to develop, but it wont be long. Bush is the kinda guy that can run it outside for a big gain, but dont look for him to run it up the middle.

I wouldnt doubt it if He gets outplayed by DeAngelo Williams, Maroney and Others in later rounds like Calhoun.

I dont see Bush being a huge factor this year, I mean yea he bounced it outside in his first game on his first carry, but playing a poor D and not having a hole can cause any back to redirect the play. Maybe Bush wouldnt juke better and gain more yards on plays like that, but Id rather have a RB that can pound it in the middle than only a 15 carry guy.

Mario was a great pick, and im not just saying that because hes from my hometown, he is a freak of nature and with the right motivation he can be the guy that all Offensive players fear.
socalsaints

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackers_08 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

Reggie Bush type player doesnt always come around once in a lifetime...Mario is the type of player that comes around once in a lifetime.

He is Raw...but has the tools and drive to become a 10+ sack guy. He hasnt been a huge factor in pre-season, but at times hes mudering his guy in the games I have watched.

It takes time for a guy like him to develop, but it wont be long. Bush is the kinda guy that can run it outside for a big gain, but dont look for him to run it up the middle.

I wouldnt doubt it if He gets outplayed by DeAngelo Williams, Maroney and Others in later rounds like Calhoun.

I dont see Bush being a huge factor this year, I mean yea he bounced it outside in his first game on his first carry, but playing a poor D and not having a hole can cause any back to redirect the play. Maybe Bush wouldnt juke better and gain more yards on plays like that, but Id rather have a RB that can pound it in the middle than only a 15 carry guy.

Mario was a great pick, and im not just saying that because hes from my hometown, he is a freak of nature and with the right motivation he can be the guy that all Offensive players fear.

Are you watching the same Reggie Bush that I am?

You say that he cant run it up the middle but he sees do be doing just that. His first carry against the Titans he went up the middle and pushed the pile forward. Last night against the Colts he went up the middle and broke two tackles and when he did get tackled he ran that guy over too.

All this talk about how he cant carry it 20+ times a game is just absurd. Why cant he? There is absolutely no reason why he cant.

Thanks to Broncos_Baby for the sig!
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socalsaints wrote:
NCPackers_08 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

Are you watching the same Reggie Bush that I am?

You say that he cant run it up the middle but he sees do be doing just that. His first carry against the Titans he went up the middle and pushed the pile forward. Last night against the Colts he went up the middle and broke two tackles and when he did get tackled he ran that guy over too.

All this talk about how he cant carry it 20+ times a game is just absurd. Why cant he? There is absolutely no reason why he cant.

Im not saying he wont, but I think he will need to gain wieght and size in order to be the back that can last.

I love Reggie and would take him anyday for the pack, but id rather hvae a Freak DE and then a above RB in a year or 2, than have a flashy runner, and a sorry Pass rush.

You have to understand where im coming from, I mean My Team doesnt even know what pass rush means.
Barnett56

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goose85 wrote:
Eh Reggie still looks like Reggie.

I disagree. He won't be breaking any tackles this year and he will actually be facing defenses that can catch him in the open field. Reggie Bush is just a poor man's LT as far as I'm concerned. Mario Willaims is the next Julious Peppers and he is in the same situation Peppers was when he went to Carolina. Both young teams, and both teams were/are ready to make a huge unexpected jump to the playoffs. Wink
socalsaints

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
goose85 wrote:

I disagree. He won't be breaking any tackles this year and he will actually be facing defenses that can catch him in the open field. Reggie Bush is just a poor man's LT as far as I'm concerned.

Huh, he was breaking tackles last night.

Those guys must have not been trying. Rolling Eyes

Thanks to Broncos_Baby for the sig!
LightsOutDance

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

running backs are a dime a dozen.

great DE's are about 9 million per person.

plus u guys got that zone blocking scheme going on right now.

plus reggie bush is gonna get absolutely pounded when trying to run up the middle, he dosent have much power and the running he did in college wont exactly work as well in the NFL, the LB's are just waaay too fast.

congrats, u have the next future julius peppers on ur team

now find the next kris jenkins and you'll be making o-lines cry for many years to come

and reggie is not a poor mans ladanian tomlinson cuz
1) he aint as good as him and
2) he costs more than LT....
#21, #85, #56
need i say more?
Barnett56

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the decision the Texans made. Like somebody in the organization said, the Texans are in a division with Peyton Manning and they need to start finding ways of slowing Manning down because he is the strong point of the team.
pierrepet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
goose85 wrote:

I disagree. He won't be breaking any tackles this year and he will actually be facing defenses that can catch him in the open field. Reggie Bush is just a poor man's LT as far as I'm concerned. Mario Willaims is the next Julious Peppers and he is in the same situation Peppers was when he went to Carolina. Both young teams, and both teams were/are ready to make a huge unexpected jump to the playoffs. Wink

Easy buddy. Reggie Bush showed in college that he is an incredible talent. What exactly did Mario Williams do in college? He had one good season. I would not have taken Williams #1 overall, regardless of your needs. To call Reggie Bush "a poor mans LT," and Williams "the next Peppers" is absurd at this point.

Personally, I would have taken a QB if I were Houston. I just don't think David Carr will ever be special. He has absolutely no poise in the pocket and many of the sacks that he has taken were his fault. I wish the Texans the best this year, but I think 8-8 is a huge longshot.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
Texans02

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LightsOutDance wrote:
now find the next kris jenkins and you'll be making o-lines cry for many years to come

You mean Travis Johnson isn't the next Kris Jenkins?

HAHAHAHAHA, I can't say it with a straight face!!
Texantype

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Dom Davis Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Another thing that will make the Mario Williams pick look even better in my opinion is the emergence of Vernand Morency. I think this guy is in for a big breakout this year, and with both Domanick Davis and the shifty Morency in the fold, adding an impact defensive stud like Mario will prove to be the wise choice.

Guess you didn't hear about Davis knees? Idea
tikitiger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing With your running back situation right now, i bet you guys all wished(secretly) that you had chosen Reggie Bush

Jags | Sharks | Lakers | Giants

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: