Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

June 1st salary cap likely victims

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purdueman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: June 1st salary cap likely victims Reply with quote

Watch this one gang; look for Angelo to make a run at Warrick Holdman if he's released (as is being widely speculated), from the Browns.

We'll free up salary cap room by dumping Rex Tucker June 1st and if Angelo thinks he still needs more money to work with, look for R.W. to get cut too.

I can see the Bears cutting RW and then turning around and immediately resigning him for less though. I just think that at $3.5M due him next season and he being projected to be no more than a punt returner, nickle back and insurance policy, his neck is on the line.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah R.Dub is gone as far as his current salary number. Bringing back Holdman would be a nice re-addition but I don't see Angelo doing it because he seems like a man too proud to admit a mistake in letting him go in the first place.
purdueman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="21"]Yeah R.Dub is gone as far as his current salary number. Bringing back Holdman would be a nice re-addition but I don't see Angelo doing it because he seems like a man too proud to admit a mistake in letting him go in the first place.[/quote]

I disagree. Letting Holdman go in the first place was purely a finacial decision based on the premium the Browns were willing to pay him. It wasn't a "mistake", but letting Rosie Colvin go certainly was! Surprised
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but letting Rosie Colvin go certainly was!

you got that right... imagine having Colvin, Urlacher and Briggs at LBs this year ---- DAMN!!!
purdueman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angelo's royal SCREW UP by not checking the compensation required box when Holdman filed for restricted free agency is what cost us Colvin (because Angelo felt compelled to match KC's offer that contained a "poison pill" bonus for the following season that would have put the Bears over the cap had they kept Colvin too).

May us Bear fans NEVER forget that HUGE boner on Angelo's part. He should have been tarred and feathered for that!
GRRLacher

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Angelo's royal SCREW UP by not checking the compensation required box when Holdman filed for restricted free agency

I totally forgot about that purdueman... that was a major "DOH!" on Angelo's part. Not only did he cost us compensation for Holdman, but made it so we lost Colvin too... what a dork.
purdueman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I totally forgot about that purdueman... that was a major "DOH!" on Angelo's part. Not only did he cost us compensation for Holdman, but made it so we lost Colvin too... what a dork.[/quote][quote][/quote]

Soooooo inept.... sooooooo Mc Caskey-esque! I'd love to sell Angelo some of my beachfront land in Florida... at low tide of course! Moron![/quote]
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooooo inept.... sooooooo Mc Caskey-esque! I'd love to sell Angelo some of my beachfront land in Florida... at low tide of course! Moron![/quote][/quote]

You wont be calling him these things when we win the north this year.
purdueman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning the NFC North this year would be like kissing your sister. Big deal; it's what matters in the playoffs. One and done isn't what I'd consider any kind of great accomplishment.

Angelo to his credit has made some good moves in addition to those whopper boners like not checking the box for compensation required with Holdman and taking hotdog David Terrell over Koren Robinson (who went with the next pick to Seattle), after the press (most notably Skip Bayless who was run out of town by the new female Tribune sports editor who also buried Steve Rosenbloom as well), pleaded with the Bears to go with the much more atheletically gifted Robinson.

Gee, that sounds familiar doesn't it? Edwards is far more atheletically gifted than Mike Williams too and yet here comes all the naysayers who want the Bears to take the much slower and less experienced Williams. Go figure!
Los Osos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've obviously never seen my sister.
GRRLacher

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ Los Osos Laughing
beartn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purdue, If you remember correctly the reason that they didn't take robinson was because he had that ankle injury that he had for the entire year, and part of the previous and they had just removed some spurs and were not sure if he was going to play right away or have to get back under the knife to remove some scar tissue/and or more spurs. Granted it didn't make sense to take an over hype WR from Michigan who dropped too many easy passes but it still doesn't make sense this year either. But I fully believe that williams is there second choice behind ronnie brown. I keep arguing in favor of williams though because I firmly believe brown will be gone by the 4 slot
purdueman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually what you posted was the Bears smoke screen for justifying why they didn't take Koren Robinson. The real reason they didn't take him is that they were worried about his off the field "character issues".

As it turns out, they had good reason to be as I believe Robinson recently got hit with a four game suspension for substance abuse.

I peg the odds of Brown being off the board by the time the Bears pick as being only 50/50. Why? Because it all depends on what Miami does with the second pick; I see the 49'ers and Browns drafting Rogers and Smith.

Saban has stated that he wants to trade down. The big question is, if he does, what will the team trading up be looking for? With all the hype surrounding Braylon Edwards right now it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Edwards go #2 overall. Either Edwards or Brown or Brown or Edwards. It's a "50/50".
beartn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If edwards goes at 2 that would solve all my worries, we then could take brown, but if we wanted a wr then edwards wouldn't even be an option to screw up the draft!!!!!!!!! See bears fan life is getting better everyday
purdueman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="beartn"]If edwards goes at 2 that would solve all my worries, we then could take brown, but if we wanted a wr then edwards wouldn't even be an option to screw up the draft!!!!!!!!! See bears fan life is getting better everyday[/quote]

Well said! Well said, indeed!!! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: