You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tarvaris Jackson > Vince Young
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Tarvaris Jackson > Vince Young Reply with quote

I'm calling it right now. Jackson will have the better career, by far.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#OnToBaltimore
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Tarvaris Jackson > Vince Young Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

To support your claim, I'll just say that Jackson looks more fluid throwing the football than Young does and seems to have a better feel for the game.

Things might change in the future, but right now it looks like you might be right.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Tarvaris Jackson > Vince Young Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

............That was such a great explanation. I have to agree with you on that man lol. Care to explain?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this threads serious, I'm loving it.
ThePhinisher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out for Bruce Gradkowski

This guy is gonna be this year's steal of the draft.

Sig by me, feel free to request!
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Tarvaris Jackson > Vince Young Reply with quote

Dingo18287 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

............That was such a great explanation. I have to agree with you on that man lol. Care to explain?
Come on, since when does a guy have to explain himself when he 'calls' something? Laughing

Jackson looks like he belongs in the NFL, simply put. He's finding open receivers and looks patient in the pocket. He's got an even stronger arm than Young and better mechanics.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#OnToBaltimore
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was waiting for something like this... Let's all base Young's career off about five drives so far in two pre-season games... Taking nothing away from Jackson but it's pre - season... Come on.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Tarvaris Jackson > Vince Young Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Come on, since when does a guy have to explain himself when he 'calls' something? Laughing

Jackson looks like he belongs in the NFL, simply put. He's finding open receivers and looks patient in the pocket. He's got an even stronger arm than Young and better mechanics.

So, if I say, "Maurice Jones Drew is going to be better then Reggie Bush" you wont want an explanation? Come on man, give me something. Did Jackson rip it up against the 1st or 4th string defense? I thought Young looked pretty solid last weekend. What has he done to show he will better then Young? Young had some Cut WR drop a perfect pass from him last week. He showed poise, arm strength, and the ability to run.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Can't say it any simpler. My explanation (don't really need one), but I think Vince will turn out to be the best player in last year's draft class.
pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince Young> Tavaris Jackson. VY will be one of the best players in this draft class.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarvaris Jackson and Vince Young shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath, it is so obvious....

Tarvaris Jackson > Vince Young

Razz

Tarvaris Jackson will have a much better career than Vince Young, mark my words because that's just the way it is Razz Cool
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Tarvaris Jackson > Vince Young Reply with quote

Dingo18287 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

So, if I say, "Maurice Jones Drew is going to be better then Reggie Bush" you wont want an explanation? Come on man, give me something. Did Jackson rip it up against the 1st or 4th string defense? I thought Young looked pretty solid last weekend. What has he done to show he will better then Young? Young had some Cut WR drop a perfect pass from him last week. He showed poise, arm strength, and the ability to run.

Jackson played with the first teamers and against Pitts. first teamers
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great explanation there..... Wonder why you said that... Does it have anything to d with you being a Vikings fan...? Wink .

I just find it so hard to believe people are saying one Rookie will be "by far" better than another Rookie after two pre-season games...

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
The Godfather

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what i have seen thus far. I think that Jackson has a chance to be the best qb takin in this draft. Hes quick, has great awarness and decision making. If given the chance to start I think he could do it this year. He seems ready to go right now.

RIP Darrent Williams & and all of those lost at VT
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
Great explanation there..... Wonder why you said that... Does it have anything to d with you being a Vikings fan...? Wink .

I just find it so hard to believe people are saying one Rookie will be "by far" better than another Rookie after two pre-season games...

oh, we are just having fun Smile ; im sure both will have a fine career. Lighten up Smile It is far too soon to be judgeing the two against each other.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: