You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PRESEASON GAME 2--TEXANS VS. RAMS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: PRESEASON GAME 2--TEXANS VS. RAMS Reply with quote

Discuss!

I hope Mario Williams does better this week. I'm tired of the media jumping on him after one game.

^LORK 88^
JOHNNY TEXAN

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he is, after all the #1 OVERALL PICK, with a draft as talented as this years draft, He BETTER produce, He's lucky I'm not with the media. Here's to him having a good game, Don't get me wrong, I DO want him to become successful. But this is a game I'm interested in, This should give us some early indications on what to expect from them this year.
lilant2398

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barron is gonna shut mario down.... he may get a couple tackles against the 2nd string
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:
Barron is gonna shut mario down.... he may get a couple tackles against the 2nd string

lets hope barron shuts him down

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gunna say that Mario was spectacular tonight but atleast he is improving. If he improves every game that's all we can ask for.

^LORK 88^
JOHNNY TEXAN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, defense actually looks good, peek very nice game, and actually heard mario name on a play, on the offense side, morency , very nice, carr, well u know my feeling about him, so I'll be nice and say no comment, All in all, not a bad game, especially on the road.
goose85

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dline looks strong. Buchanon showed some life. Morency ran the way they wanted him too. They still have not let David throw the ball down the field, but hes making good choices.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goose85 wrote:
Dline looks strong. Buchanon showed some life. Morency ran the way they wanted him too. They still have not let David throw the ball down the field, but hes making good choices.

I just picked up Morency in my Fantasy Football League as a backup in case Domanick Davis gets hurt.

Do you guys know who the clear cut backup RB is on your team???

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the stats that I am looking at, it looks like this game was a good solid win for you guys. Morency put in a great performance and got the yards on the ground. What also impressed me is the fact that you guys got it done in the air as well. Your WR's put in solid performances. I hope you guys do well in the coming season, even though we are in the same division.

Thanks to BillyShears for the sig
ihavenothing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:
goose85 wrote:

I just picked up Morency in my Fantasy Football League as a backup in case Domanick Davis gets hurt.

Do you guys know who the clear cut backup RB is on your team???

I did the same thing today, too.

Morency has looked good, but I hope Domanick gets healthy enough for the season. I think he is in line for a great year under Kubiak.

Thanks to kdawg24 for the sig
Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
Texans02

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:

Well, the St. Louis homer parade was shorter than I expected in our forum. Notice how they all conveniently disappear after Morency runs all over them. Oh, and ESPN would like to remind you that Mario was "disruptive" throughout his time the game. Way to shut him down. Rolling Eyes
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well mario was good but he wasnt that good and the rams had key players out like orlando pace, both FBs and leonard little........as for Morency running all over the rams, what against their 3rd-4th string defense?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
well mario was good but he wasnt that good and the rams had key players out like orlando pace, both FBs and leonard little........as for Morency running all over the rams, what against their 3rd-4th string defense?

Face it Texan fans, the Rams have a point about their key players being out and using only 2nd and 3rd team most of the game. That makes a big difference. Exclamation
Texans02

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texantype wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

Face it Texan fans, the Rams have a point about their key players being out and using only 2nd and 3rd team most of the game. That makes a big difference. Exclamation

As I recall from about 10 posts up, the bold claim made by the Rams fans was that Barron would shut down Mario. ESPN didn't agree with that statement.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportscenter didnt really say mario had a good game, they were basically saying it was an improvement from last week where he looked horrible

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: