Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fear the Vikings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viks_fan21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Fear the Vikings Reply with quote

Hey, do any of you packers fans fear the vikings. You should be afraid when your compare the vikes offseason to yours. What are your predictions of NFC
North standings for 2005-06?
Favre4ever

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy Packers WIN and the viks Choke AGAIN

Go PACKERS!!!!!!!
ikkf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is there to fear?

While significantly upgrading their defense talent-wise, they still have to gel together, and you don't know how they're going to play as a unit yet.

And they lost their biggest play-maker on offense. Culpepper can't just throw balls up and let Randy go get them anymore.

I'll fear the Vikings when they start off 15-0. Until then, they still have questions only they can answer...
duxrule

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tice is still coaching, right?? Nuff said.
nickelpete

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no fear. Never has been. Never will be.
It is only loathing.
It doesn't matter how good the Vikes or the Packers are, the game between them has always been and will always be a toss up. As a Vikings fan, I know that if the Vikings are 15-0 with their final game against an 0-15 GB team, our chances for victory are 50-50 at best. (And vice versa, if the Packers were 15-0...) Look at the history! They've won/lost almost the exact number of games. In fact, I think the more likely one team should win the game, the more likely they are in actuality to lose it...
Long live the rivalry.
TIMLEG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i fear the vikes, only on 3rd down and LONG
cscan397

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: funny Reply with quote

do you know whats funny about that, the teams that always spend the most in free agency are always the teams that end up with 5-11 records (see washington redskins). all you have done is assemble a bunch on underachievers.
rock

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: vikings Reply with quote

Now that Moss is gone. You only have Culpepper. He is an awesome QB but there is nothing else there. He makes the whole offense look amazing.
No RB, an overweight and slow TE who benifited from Culpepper being a great QB whose WR's can't get open unless there is good protection, which is the making of Culpepper being so Damned big and strong!!
A weak defense with outcast players who used to be good, not great and now live off there reputations that have been built on the total scheme that they have been in.
The Vikes have to go and get an amazing free agent in the defense to lead the team. Unfortunatly there are none out there. Sharper is not it.
Get Brayland or Williams and then get the best available defensive player out there. Or get the best LB the draft, if he falls to you, and get a second tear WR if one of them falls to you.
There is no team there without Culpepper. Just like the packer's without Farve. At least we have Walker and Green.
Snapple

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some say The Bears is our greatest rivalry, but I loath the Vikings. I don't fear them, I loath them.

But I think you guys are playing too close to the powerlines if you don't think they've significantly ugraded their team this year and won't be a handful. Culpepper does have a good receiving core, even without Moss. Just look at what they managed when he was hurt. They've put the defensive pieces together this offseason and, despite what the really dillusional Lions fans will claim, they will be the team to beat in the NFC Norris this year.

That all said.

GO PACK GO!!!
thevikes99

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre4ever wrote:
Easy Packers WIN and the viks Choke AGAIN

Go PACKERS!!!!!!!

Hahaha Choke ? You may have beat us twice last year but who really did CHOKE when it counted ? Shocked

Good job so far in the offseason
FavresHeir

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you call losing to the Cards in a game that would send you to the playoffs?
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Soryy, but I have to squash that one. I know it sent them to the playoffs, but the Packers lost to the Cards that year, too. Just had to point that out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me the Vikes are all D-fense and their O-fense is gona stall a bit. The Vikes may take 2 WR's or 1 WR and 1 TE in the first round but they are still gona stall in offense. They Gona Choke big.
O yea rushpacker_56 the packers are gona take Pac Man Jones for their first round pick
KGB#94

Pac Man Jones for GB 1st Round Pick!!
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet my house that they will not. They are high on Carrol and will not waste a first rounder on Jones. There would be no need to draft him when they need a d-end and outside backer more than anything else on defense. Then comes safeties and a d-tackle, then possibly a corner upgrade.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need a corner that can cover and Al Harris is ok, but not good enought for a starter and Carrol is gona be great but hes gona need more time. If the packers want a l-backer than they need to take Anothony Simmons, hes good. If they really want a d-end then they should trade around a bit maybe get rid of Harris for a de. Were are good at DT too. Grady Jackson's most likey at ths point is in top 5 DT's. Pack are like 24th in the run with out him and 12th with him. For Safety trade 3+4 round picks for donovan darius. Heck not haveing a good secondary and farve throwing too many picks lost us that playoff game.
KGB#94

Pac Man Jones for GB 1st Round Pick!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: