You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greatest Franchise CB's of All-time

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the greatest CB duo in Titans franchise history?
Banfield and Alexander
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Banfield and Dishman
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Banfield and Rolle
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Alexander and Dishman
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Alexander and Rolle
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Dishman and Rolle
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Greatest Franchise CB's of All-time Reply with quote

Apologies for the delay, but we're back to finish up the corners and safeties. Here is the team so far:

Offense
QB: Steve McNair
RB: Earl Campbell and Eddie George
WR: Charley Hennigan and Derrick Mason
OT: Bruce Matthews and Brad Hopkins
OG: Mike Munchak and Bob Talamini
C: Mark Stepnoski
TE: Frank Wycheck

Defense
DT: Curley Culp and Ray Childress

DE: Elvin Bethea and Jevon Kearse
LB: Robert Brazile, Gregg Bingham and Keith Bulluck

Here are the nominees for cornerback:

Tony Banfield: Banfield played just five seasons with the Oilers (1960 - 1965) but was named to the AFL All-Star team three times. He accumulated 27 INT's in just five seasons and recorded a career high 8 picks in 1961.

Willie Alexander: Drafted in the 6th round from Alcorn State (Steve McNair's alma mater) in 1971, Banfield starred at corner for the Oilers for 9 years. He averaged 2.55 INT's per year, but was always matched against the opposition's best receiver. He was a key piece in taking an Oilers team that finished 1-13 two years in a row back to the playoffs.

Cris Dishman: Dishman was drafted out of Purdue University in 1988 and played nine seasons with the Oilers. He recorded 31 INT's and earned a reputation for a trash talker that almost always backed it up on the field. He made the Pro Bowl in 1991.

Samari Rolle: Rolle was taken in the 2nd round of the 1998 NFL Draft out of Florida State. He recorded 23 INT's in his seven years as a Titan before leaving for Baltimore in FA before the 2005 season. He went to one Pro Bowl as a Titan in 2000.

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
Invictus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta go Alexander Dishman on this one. These two guys were studs. I remember when the Oilers were playing Pittsburgh and the Steeler QB at the time threw an out pattern that his receiver caught, turned around and Dish stole ran into him face first, stole the ball and scored a TD all in one motion.

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went dishman and rolle. nothing is better than a trashtalker and rolle was a monster.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
PacAttack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Banfield and Rolle.

Tony Banfield played 5 seasons with the Oilers and recorded 5.4 INTs a season. That's pretty impressive. Not to mention being named to the AFL All-Star team 3 out of 5 seasons.

Samari Rolle, well what can I say, is the best Oilers/Titans CB that I witnessed play. If not for his injury bug a few years back, he could have accumulated better numbers than what he did. Rolle is a very good CB and is one that I can remember play, so I picked him along with Banfield.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
KVB Eats Souls

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Richard Johnson and Cris Dishman.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: