Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is the next position they will sign in free agency?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the next position they will sign in free agency?
QB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
RB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WR
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
OL
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
DE
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
FS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: What is the next position they will sign in free agency? Reply with quote

I am personally disapointed that the 49ers haven't made a bigger splash in free agency. There was lots of talk about the 49ers of lots of cap room this season and so far they have overpayed a offensive tackle. There are lots of needs on the 49ers team. They could have signed a QB a WR, better or cheaper OL, Defense. So far one overpayed tackle. The best thing this off season is they have 12 picks in the draft and t he #1 over all. I would like to see them make some cuts and sign more aggressively.
They need talent and they have gotten little. Hopefully there will be some big cuts after June 1st so they can sign some big players. I think that they need a RB to put the pressure on Barlow to perform. They need a solid playmaking receiver other than their tight end. They need more OL depth. They need a explosive DE and a shut down CB and a good FS. So if they don't start signing some big players they better have a good draft. They have already missed on K.Warner, J.Garcia, D.Mason, S.Rolle,S.McDougle,O.Ross there are many palyers they passed on which makes no sense and there are many players left that they may pass on like P.Buress and N.Davenport. Who is the next player they will sign?
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I agree with any of that. Jennings overpaid? Probably. But they made a statement getting the top OT in free agency, which let it be known that the offensive line was a position of priority. They are on the verge of signing David Boston at WR, which would be a low risk, potentially high reward signing. I don't think they need a FS and a CB; they need a FS. Plummer is recovered and expected to be at mini-camps, and Spencer played pretty well for a rookie last season. Rumph is back healthy. Joselio Hanson as the 4th corner is certainly capable. I wouldn't mind seeing Dwaine Carpenter get a shot at the FS spot, but I agree that we could use an upgrade there. Another RB will be brought in through the draft I imagine, as the RB class this year is extremely deep. They do need a DE, but not an explosive one...one that can absorb blockers and take space to free the LBs for the 3-4 defense. The biggest area that needed improvement was the offensive line, and they fixed it. With Jennings, Harris moves to his natural RT spot. Newberry is back healthy. Smiley should continue to progress. Possibly a LG is in order, but they very well may take one (Baas or Brown) at the top of round 2. I think the offseason has gone pretty well thusfar...gotta also remember they had to build an entire coaching staff. And they still have some money left to spend, so they can add some key pieces for depth as the weeks pass.
Montana168

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the guy who posted this thread said we hav 12 draft picks this year? other than the top of every round , what other picks do we have, i know we got an extra 6th rounder , but wut else did we get
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana168 wrote:
the guy who posted this thread said we hav 12 draft picks this year? other than the top of every round , what other picks do we have, i know we got an extra 6th rounder , but wut else did we get

I think we actually have 11 picks, not 12. The top of every round, plus the 6th rounder from the TO deal, plus 3 compensatory picks (I believe one in round 5 and two in round 7).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: