Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derrick Johnson starting to slip
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we do have 4 linebackers, but that isn't enough. Last season Claiborne, Henderson, and Thomas all spent time on the injured list. Dynamite has an injury history as well. Besides that fact, I don't know if Dontarious is going to be able to pick up the complexities of an NFL defense. I know he was only a rookie last year, but he was LOST (even in the base 4-3). Yes, DJ may not be the smartest player either, but he has athleticism that you just don't find every year in a linebacker. I hirmly believe that Merriman, Williams, and Edwards will be off the board by #7. That said, DJ is our best option, and I think he will be fantastic, especially with our revamped D-line taking up blocks. I can't see anyone else in this scenario who would merit the #7 pick. Tice is coaching for his job this year, and a backup CB, DE, FS or reach at WR will not accomplish that goal.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got that right.

go for dj, pick up nugent, try to get a killer safety, look for best players available.

fine with me if the draft started tomorrow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: