Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derrick Johnson starting to slip
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riddle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hornblende wrote:
I've always liked Erasmus James playing for Wisconsin. I wouldn't complain at all about drafting him. He would be a nice compliment to Udeze/Johnstone.

Yeah, theres injury questions (There were last year with Udeze too, remember) but he has tons of upside, i DO like a saftey a little more here though........James might not even still be there when we pick, but he'd be solid for us if he is...definatly a sweet offensive line with 3 first round picks, and 1 big fatty thats proven to stuff the run

Here's to football!

Ndakasimba kana makasimbawo
Hornblende

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the injury factor is his downfall. I think a safety at 18 is the best call especially if Chavous is let go. But could possibly wait until 2nd round unless the Vikings feel Nugent has to be taken there so Tennessee doesn't take him in the 3rd.
Riddle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah...i think that, barring somebody unexpected falling to us in round 2, we need to shore up our kicking situation...it would be nice to know who our kicker is gonna be before camp eh?

Here's to football!

Ndakasimba kana makasimbawo
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

common cents wrote:
yep...stand pat thats what i've been preaching...chances are we could get dj or merriman either one will be a stud at lb.

tell you the truth i find merriman a little more intriguing prospect with his size and speed while i think dj is more polished he will have a more immediate impact on what ever team he plays for hopefully its the vikes.

my 1st rd. dream

7. dj or merriman

18. thomas davis

This would also be my first round dream. DJ is a sick LB with great instincts and I could see Thomas Davis being another Roy Williams.
Bleedpurple

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Draft order Reply with quote

I don't think the boys are going to spend to much more to bring in Sharper when they are focusing on DJ or Merriman. I don't think there is any question this year what we are after!

#7 DJ/Merriman

#18 WR Williamson

2nd Round K Nuegent

There is no doubt on these first picks!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the bleeder has it right. i think those picks are the best we can realistically do and will be a great addition.

of course with draft day trades and stuff, everything gets mixed up.
MNBuff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think DJ's stock is falling. I see some mocks have him falling to Detroit at 10, but that is nuts. He will go at #3 to the Browns unless they trade down -- Romeo is a defensive coach, and has to love this guy.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I like Williamson because of his size and speed, I find it hard to resist a guy like Thomas Davis who is a monster hitter and will make the opposing WR regret coming over the middle... And DJ's stock is not falling....Its just everybody elses stock is rising Merriman, Smith, Edwards, and Mike Williams all had awesome work outs. So i think there is a maybe a 50/50 chance he will fall to the 7 spot.
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys really think Merriman is top 10 now? Most mocks I looked at had him top 20 - but that may have been before his pro day.

I was actually allowing myself to hope for DJ at #7 and Merriman at #18. But maybe I'm on dope. Shocked
Helter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let him fall ... right into our laps at #7
Fartman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't get one of the top 2 WRs, we should not take one of the others in the 1st round, I think Williamson is one of the most likely players in the draft to be a bust, and Clayton is too short.
marshall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big rich is right, too many people want offense with high picks, let's take a safety with the 18th pick, i'm mean it's been a decade since we drafted a safety high. Watching russell last year did'nt make you all learn the importance, i mean enough's enough's. We could get Rolle and make him a safety maybe or thomas davis, this needs to be priorty over a Wr at least early. It's obvious a late round safety has done nothing for us as of late, i can't take it anymore!! Were 1 injury away from Russell again at FS, if that happens, we will go nowhere FAST!!! Even if we have Deion in his frickin prime, Russell SUCKS! Get some stinking Help anything else would be STUPID!! EVERY GREAT DEFENSE HAS GREAT SAFETYS, ED REED, SEAN TAYLOR, DALLAS WAS #1 RIGHT AWAY WITH ROY WILLIAMS. Can I GET an AMEN?
Ares Caesar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshall wrote:
big rich is right, too many people want offense with high picks, let's take a safety with the 18th pick, i'm mean it's been a decade since we drafted a safety high. Watching russell last year did'nt make you all learn the importance, i mean enough's enough's. We could get Rolle and make him a safety maybe or thomas davis, this needs to be priorty over a Wr at least early. It's obvious a late round safety has done nothing for us as of late, i can't take it anymore!! Were 1 injury away from Russell again at FS, if that happens, we will go nowhere FAST!!! Even if we have Deion in his frickin prime, Russell SUCKS! Get some stinking Help anything else would be STUPID!! EVERY GREAT DEFENSE HAS GREAT SAFETYS, ED REED, SEAN TAYLOR, DALLAS WAS #1 RIGHT AWAY WITH ROY WILLIAMS. Can I GET an AMEN?

How about we dont and say we did?

Seriously man, they just went out and picked up Darren Sharper in FA, and with Chavous/Sharper, thats a pretty good safety team.

You do NOT draft a 1st round pick to be a backup... when you draft a 1st round pick, its a guy you are expecting to start and be an immediate improvement to the position.

DJ, Williams, Edwards and Merriman are the only real guys worth drafting with the #7 pick

assuming they go defense with #7, *if* Williamson fell to #18 I dont think it'd be a bad pick. As far as people seeing this guy as a bust, I dont know how they figure that when he has pretty good size, and has GREAT speed... on the Vikings thats pretty much all he needs to be a big contributor.

Rolle doesnt really make sense anymore, even though I'd have liked to have him at FS (after Smoot was signed and before Sharper was signed) but he's not really a viable option since the Vikings are finally a bit deeper at Safety and CB (Williams and Russel as backups are pretty good)

Vikings really only need an LB, or WR at this point... MAYBE DE.. if you wanna go out on a limb (I think the trio with Mixon, Johnstone and Scott is fine)

RB is absolutely worthless, so dont even mention it.... 3 of the guys are starting calibur, and Moe Williams despite his age has season after season proven he is a good 3rd down back. There is also very little assurance any of the 1st round backs will be any better than Moore, Bennet, or Smith (you can say all you like, but none of those 1st rounders have played on the NFL level yet)
SKOL_VIKES

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Ronnie Brown or Cadilac in purple, but not at the expense of a #7.

If DJ is overrated he is still just in a tie as the best linebacker.

I think we should go LB, WR, with our picks. The reason is, we would be drafting Thomas Davis as a backup. So why not take a stud saftey next year when the need for a replacement is more urgent?

Props to VIKES 4 LIFE on the sig
pats 3 in 4 years

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as great as a player dj is it seems u guys have decent linebaker to me harris,thomas,henderson and newman so i think u should get a wr with ur first pick and a DE with ur second. IMO u guys are the best team in the nfc if not second behind the eagles. so unless u plan to go to a 3-4 i would not take a linebaker so early

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: