Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derrick Johnson starting to slip
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missingmoss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Derrick Johnson starting to slip Reply with quote

This could be good news for the Vikes. Many of the mock drafts that have been updated the past few days have DJ available when the Vikes pick. I guess Alex Smith had an awesome Pro Day today, if he goes in the top 3 it would really help. Merriman also ran a 4.60 today (weighing 274 lbs) and some experts have him as high as #3 on their boards. I never thought DJ would fall, but it is starting to seem possible.
On the other side DJ doesn't work out until next week, and a great workout could move him back up.
I'd love to see DJ at #7 and Williamson at #18.
andrew91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awsome.
For some reason, Williamson seems like a safe pick to me, I mean he might not be a superstar, but he has some 1000 yard seasons in him.
And DJ would just rock in our deffence..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williamson would actually be a better compliment to our current group of WR than Williams. Williamson is blazing fast and our other guys are more possesion receivers. It wouldn't hurt to have some who runs a 4.32. He is not the overall WR that Williams is, but maybe a better fit.
Riddle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read today in either the pioneer press or the star trib that the vikes still have interest in plax, we have a multi year offer out to him...and who knows, maybe his new agent will tell him its the best deal he can get and we'll still be able to pick him up...that being said, i personally dont think we should draft a WR round 1, its not really a presssing need, our O performed very well for the basically 6 weeks moss was out this season. I would wrather get DJ at 7, and a Saftey like Shazor or Davis or Pool at 18...a speed WR will be available to us in a later round...maybe 3 or 4 for a guy like Chris Henry (Might not get out of the 2nd round) or Matt Jones, who has never played WR before, but looked good doing WR drills at the combine, and is 6'6'' and ran a 4.3...WRs can wait, i think we should use our first 3 picks on defense and a Mike Nugent

Here's to football!

Ndakasimba kana makasimbawo
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I hope Derrick Johnson dioesn't slip. Not that I have it in for the Vikes anymore, but the Pack would not be able to get anywhere on the Vikes. Their D would be top 3, unless all of the signings turn out to backfire for some reason. If they did get DJ at #7 and a d-end like Matt Roth or Dan Cody at number 18, then signed Burress, they would be a powerhouse. I think they should grab Mark Clayton at #18, though, instead of Williamson. I know that he is small, but he has done nothing but produce. Plus, he has some monster speed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clayton is better, but still, Williamson is a better fit with his height advantage.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being that merriman ran a 4.6 today, he becomes an option for us at 7 if DJ is gone too. They'll both be sweet

Here's to football!

Riddle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew91 wrote:
Clayton is better, but still, Williamson is a better fit with his height advantage.

As i said before, neither of these guys is who we should take at 18, we should go D with both round 1 picks, then draft either Chris Henry or Matt Jones...both ran in the 4.3s, Chris Henry is 6'5'' and Matt Jones is 6'6''...Either way we get a tall burner

Here's to football!

andrew91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Jones here would be sweeeeet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew91 wrote:
Matt Jones here would be sweeeeet

yeah, he could end up being a steal.

Here's to football!

viks_fan21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: matt jones Reply with quote

what position was matt jones. he wasn't the converted college QB, was he?
andrew91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: matt jones Reply with quote

viks_fan21 wrote:
what position was matt jones. he wasn't the converted college QB, was he?
Yeah, he was, but still, he has a ton of upside, and can fll the height void.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep...stand pat thats what i've been preaching...chances are we could get dj or merriman either one will be a stud at lb.

tell you the truth i find merriman a little more intriguing prospect with his size and speed while i think dj is more polished he will have a more immediate impact on what ever team he plays for hopefully its the vikes.

my 1st rd. dream

7. dj or merriman

18. thomas davis
Riddle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

common cents wrote:
yep...stand pat thats what i've been preaching...chances are we could get dj or merriman either one will be a stud at lb.

tell you the truth i find merriman a little more intriguing prospect with his size and speed while i think dj is more polished he will have a more immediate impact on what ever team he plays for hopefully its the vikes.

my 1st rd. dream

7. dj or merriman

18. thomas davis

Definatly...and if not Thomas Davis, either Ernest Shazor (would probably be a reach her, but if hes as fast as they say (4.4) i think he'll be the best saftey in this draft) or Erasmus James...not that we REALLY need an end, i like Darrion Scott, but Erasmus is going to make a sweet pass rusher

Here's to football!

Hornblende

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked Erasmus James playing for Wisconsin. I wouldn't complain at all about drafting him. He would be a nice compliment to Udeze/Johnstone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: