Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you get mad if we draft Benson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans will return

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing i will ever agree on w/ seminoles, but he is right we were in the top 10 in every offensive category last year we dont need a new rb we didnt lose one, we have bell and the draft to replace all the false
starts fred had. WE NEED CB 1ST.....PERIOD Ffloyd Trades down one spot to Minnesotta, because Minnesotta thinks we will take Mike Williams so they give us their 2nd round also. which we will 2nd rd picks 10 picks betweeen them.

1Antrell Rolle Cb
2Kahlif Barnes OT
2Jerome Mathis Wr
3Robert McCune ILB
3Ronald Bartlett Jr CB
4Vincent Jackson WR
4Ryan Moates RB
5Justin Geisinger OT
6Isaac West WR
7David Greene,Stefan Lefores, or Josh Haldi these guys could all be good,but Lefors has ??'s because he is only 6ft1,David Greene is a winner just like Brady. Get My point
Burton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that draft.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
titangreins

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Noles, I agree we NEED help at WR and CB (don't forget about OT) But the value of #6 is if a player like Benson is there, gotta take him. THe Titans have been built on the draft, drafting value. Not drafting the best player at the given position that you NEED. We are gonna get an impact player at #6, what position he impacts, I don't know. Do I think we need a RB, no we have CBrown who is a blast to watch run the ball. But, we can't always think short term, must think long term. The CB and WR depth is evidently there in this yrs draft, we will get those guys in the other rounds.
titangreins

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulluckthebeast wrote:
I definately get what your saying, Greins. Paying Brown may be the 2nd best reason for taking Benson; 1st being injuries of course. One other plus with drafting Benson is that he is a similar runner to Brown which could make things easier on the O-line. I also believe that Ronnie Brown would be a good pick if Benson is gone.

On a slightly different not does anyone know much about Adam Terry? He looks like a physical beast, but I haven't seen many scouting reports on him.

Good points Beast, RBrown may be the best of the RB's in this class.
Burton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I know we have drafted on bpa in the past (although last year we drafted on need), but the Titans have always been one of the best teams in the NFL. We've never had as many holes as we do now. Just keep that in mind, I'm not say that we won't take bpa, but its a good possibility we do draft to fill holes.

titans#1fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No CB is worth the 6th pick. There are so many in the second round that you can get example Justin Miller and Fabian Washington.

And Robert McCune wont even get drafted!!
titans will return

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are crazy, McCune will get drafted i dont think Justin Miller is worth that if we had to choose Fabian or Miller i think we know who it would be.FW.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet McCune wont get drafted until the 5th or 6th round....Why draft a special teams player cuz thats all he'll be..He's 26 years old rookie!!!!!
Hes not gettin drafted on the first day.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCune will probably drafted somewhere in the 3rd. He's strong and very fast for a MLB. The only knocks on him are his age and his ability to diagnose plays.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
Burton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't draft a player cause of age, yes its a bad thing, but just cause he's four years older doesn't mean he'll always be a special teams player. He'll be in the league for a good 10 years. He could be a first or 2nd round caliber player.

titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be a special teams player.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather have Thurman, Ruud, Morrison, and Mitchell than McCune. Them guys are more proven and we wont spend a 3rd for a MLB when our MLB doesnt play much and we have two already. It would be a wasteful pick. You cant upgrade our MLB position with McCune. Thats all im tryin to say. Sorry im a little critical.
Yankees05

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Would you get mad if we draft Benson? Reply with quote

titans#1fan wrote:
I know alot of people will jump all over me about this, but what the hey...

Just tell me your opinion.....
What do u think of Benson and do u think he'll make the team better or worse.

I don't know if I would get mad, persay. But I would be somewhat irratated that we did not address our other needs.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans#1fan wrote:
Id rather have Thurman, Ruud, Morrison, and Mitchell than McCune. Them guys are more proven and we wont spend a 3rd for a MLB when our MLB doesnt play much and we have two already. It would be a wasteful pick. You cant upgrade our MLB position with McCune. Thats all im tryin to say. Sorry im a little critical.

We used a 3rd rounder for Calmus back in '02 so that's a poor argument. Calmus is injury proned, even though he's very good when he plays, and Kassal is solid but he shouldn't be a starter.
McCune has more athletic ability than any of the other guys you listed, and he's very disciplined. The biggest knock on him is his age, which isn't anything to be concerned about, so I could see him anywhere from mid 2nd to mid 3rd. In fact I wouldn't mind if we grabbed him in the third.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still rather have Thurman or Morrison in the 3rd than McCune.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: