Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you get mad if we draft Benson?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Would you get mad if we draft Benson? Reply with quote

I know alot of people will jump all over me about this, but what the hey...

Just tell me your opinion.....
What do u think of Benson and do u think he'll make the team better or worse.
Burton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. He's a rookie so the impact wouldn't be immediate.
2. We already have Brown
3. We would go in cap hell again since he will probably ask for money than Brown would have.
4. THEIRS TO MANY HOLES ON THE TEAM TO FILL, WE DON"T NEED A RB. 5. Smith is capable of filling in for brown and as a change of pace back.

So yes, he would possibly make the team better in the long run, but if were rebuilding we don't need to replace young talents like Brown.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
BALD_EAGLE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont need Benson, specially when RB is one of the only OFF positions that we have a playmaker that can break one at any time. If Benson is rated the best player on the board at 6 be ready for a trade. Flyod will use him a bigtime trade bait.

Nothin against Benson, he will be very good, but we dont need him, we have to many other holes to fill.
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I would be very angry if we drafted Benson, its nothing against him, but we have Chris Brown, Brown is a top 3 RB when healthy, we need to stick with him. He does a fine job, + there are too many other needs to fill like WR CB OL things like that, We can't pay that much money at one position like running back.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be mad but i wouldn't think we got the best from our #6 pick. We may have got the best for talent but not the best that would help the team. No good getting a good Rb when we have Chris Brown then having two great RB's then having holes everywhere else on the field. We need CB OL or WR before we consider any other positions. I have nothing against Benson he has tremendous talent he just isn't the guy we are most desperate for on our team.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt be mad but i would wonder how we are goin to use him in the future. I think he'll demand more money than C.Brown.
I tell ya after watchin George the past few years suck and then watch Brown explode, i couldnt tell how happy and excitied i was. Brown is what this Oline is designed for. Brown can be elite in my view but he needs help and he should get less carries to make him last longer.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's look at this in depth.

pros:
Benson gives a great short down back
We'd get a future starter in Benson
We'd get a pro bowl caliber back
If Chris Brown gets injured we won't have to wory much
We could control the clock and help our young D
Benson doesn't have any injury problems
It would make our O great

Cons:
He's had a lot of carries and could wear down in a few years
We could have some salary cap problems
It could upset Brown
We could have a situation like Buffalo
We have other holes to fill
He's speculated to have a small attitude problem
There's better value in later rounds

I'd say the balance is pretty even. In my opinion, if Benson is there he'll be a Titan.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope your wrong beast, because that would probably push Brown out, and Brown is too good for that to happen. If he didn't it would probably be a wasted pick. Like I say I have nothing against Benson, but I just don't think he what the team needs right now. We don't need to get ourselves in another salary cap struggle, like we have in the past. Let Chris Brown do his thing, and let's draft Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards with the 6th pick. We should get Marlin Jackson, or Corey Webster with our 2nd round pick, and draft depth after that. Then we should be set!!!! Very Happy
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are not draft Edwards. And Webster and Jackson are 3rd round best.
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edwards could be a stud, and Its doubtful Marlin Jackson, and Corey Webster both will be there by the second round when we get to pick
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson and Webster will go later than you think. Jachson has horrible agility thats why he was moved to saftey in his college career. Webster will go down because of imjuries and he runs a 4.55.

I just have a bad feeling about edwards thats all.
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad? No, perpelexed...maybe...I mean..yea...4 straight 1000 yard seasons in college...but too bad he wasn't even the best RB in the Big XII this year..that award goes to a 19 year old freshman.. Plus the "ricky williams is my idol" statement...just all around not the best idea...
titangreins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Benson at #6 and I'm drunk on draft day.......well even more drunk. Smile I think he's as close to a sure thing as your gonna get in the early 1st rd. Look at whats happening in the NFL right now, SAlexander young RB, Edge young productive RB two guys that can't get long term deals done with their teams. My point is, young stud RB's are a premium. At some point soon guys, CBrown is gonna want pd, next yr? Or yr after? Someone mentioned cap hell, well we've already been there and life goes on. How about Ced Benson at #6 and then KBarnes in the early 2nd, we've got ONE if not THE best O Line coach (OK not as good as Alex Gibbs but still damn good) in the league. Draft and develop a young OT or two. Is anyone picking up what I'm laying down here??????
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately get what your saying, Greins. Paying Brown may be the 2nd best reason for taking Benson; 1st being injuries of course. One other plus with drafting Benson is that he is a similar runner to Brown which could make things easier on the O-line. I also believe that Ronnie Brown would be a good pick if Benson is gone.

On a slightly different not does anyone know much about Adam Terry? He looks like a physical beast, but I haven't seen many scouting reports on him.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titangreins wrote:
Draft Benson at #6 and I'm drunk on draft day.......well even more drunk. Smile I think he's as close to a sure thing as your gonna get in the early 1st rd. Look at whats happening in the NFL right now, SAlexander young RB, Edge young productive RB two guys that can't get long term deals done with their teams. My point is, young stud RB's are a premium. At some point soon guys, CBrown is gonna want pd, next yr? Or yr after? Someone mentioned cap hell, well we've already been there and life goes on. How about Ced Benson at #6 and then KBarnes in the early 2nd, we've got ONE if not THE best O Line coach (OK not as good as Alex Gibbs but still damn good) in the league. Draft and develop a young OT or two. Is anyone picking up what I'm laying down here??????

That doesn't help are corner or WR problem. We need immediate impact players at those 2 positions and you won't get that in the 3rd and 4th round. All that does is give a 2 starters about 2 years from now. That is just stupid. 2 of our 1st 3 picks HAVE to be CB and WR, and picking a RB won't help us right now and that is what we need. Help now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: