Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the skins take a QB in the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Will the skins take a QB in the draft Reply with quote

i think we could get some1 like jason white or timmy chang in like the 6th or 7th round even though jason had both his knees repaired i think he will be good and i think timmy is good
sootedpair

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have 3 QBs and I think we still have Gibran Hamden on the practice squad or in NFL Europe. It probably won't happen.

I do think the notion of Chang being a Redskin is kind of funny though. He's used to passing the ball 80% of the time. He'd go nuts in a run first offense.
FrankCastle51573

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Will the skins take a QB in the draft Reply with quote

TrueRedskin05 wrote:
i think we could get some1 like jason white or timmy chang in like the 6th or 7th round even though jason had both his knees repaired i think he will be good and i think timmy is good

It's Tommy not Timmy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is most certainly Timmy Chang. And also, no we should not draft either of those guys. They are average QBs who played in either incredibly pass-happy systems (Chang) or with incredibly talented teammates (White). If we draft anyone as a developmental QB, it should be a more obscure but more promising QB like Lang Campbell of William and Mary or Ryan Fitzpatrick of Harvard.
SilverStar

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Will the skins take a QB in the draft Reply with quote

FrankCastle51573 wrote:
TrueRedskin05 wrote:

It's Tommy not Timmy.

are you retarded??? Just leave the forum now if thats what you actually think. I don't care if you're not a Hawaii fan cuz who the hell is, but you should know his name is TIMMY if you have any knowledge of college football whatsoever.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it easy. Maybe he was thinking of Tommy Chong. I'm not sure the Skins can use a 60 year old burnout though.
elkton_redskinsfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
more promising QB like Lang Campbell of William and Mary or Ryan Fitzpatrick of Harvard.

nothin against you eball but Lang Campbell... who? Fitzpatrick's alright but isn't very elusive. Which in this offense isn't that good. I like Timmy Chong but you guys are right he's use to a heavy passing offense he might not do so well. I'm not to sold on White either he's been under the knife alot yet he is a heismen winner. I think his durability is still question able. But another guy that should be looked at is Rasheed Marshall out of WV. Didn't pass alot but when he did he was accurate. Also he can run which i think would add more depth at the QB position
avbanig

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmy Chang will probably be in the Arena football league next year, or in the CFL. I don't think he's an NFL Qb.

As far as the skins drafting a QB, I don't think they should this year, maybe they should next year but right now like the other guys have said they have 3 veteran guys and then the young guy on the practice squad.

But next year I could see it being a possiblity if Ramsey doesn't improve.
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elkton_redskinsfan wrote:
Quote:
more promising QB like Lang Campbell of William and Mary or Ryan Fitzpatrick of Harvard.

nothin against you eball but Lang Campbell... who? Fitzpatrick's alright but isn't very elusive. Which in this offense isn't that good. I like Timmy Chong but you guys are right he's use to a heavy passing offense he might not do so well. I'm not to sold on White either he's been under the knife alot yet he is a heismen winner. I think his durability is still question able. But another guy that should be looked at is Rasheed Marshall out of WV. Didn't pass alot but when he did he was accurate. Also he can run which i think would add more depth at the QB position

It's okay, I get that reaction most of the time when I bring up Campbell. He was the Payton Award winner as offensive player of the year in Division I-AA, over many guys you have heard about like Jerome Mathis, Vincent Jackson, and the aforementioned Ryan Fitzpatrick to name a few.

His stats were almost 4000 yds (3988), 30 TDs, 5 INTs, and a 65.5% completion rate. He also ran for 320 yds, which is fairly impressive since we all know that college factors sacks in as negative QB rushing yards. He did all that after losing the 3rd-leading WR in I-AA history the previous year. And lastly, he led WM to the semifinals of the playoffs, basically single-handedly overcoming a 17-pt deficit in the 4th quarter against the defending champion Delaware.

Of course, I'm biased since I go to WM, but in all honesty the kid can just flat out play as his stats suggest. I don't think we will have to draft him, as teams fear his arm strength for some reason, but he would be a really solid undrafted FA pickup to keep around instead of Gibran Hamden. I've never seen a smarter, more efficient QB play.
elkton_redskinsfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we already got rid of hamden towards the begining of this past season. he is now with the seahawks playing as a starter for a nfl europe team.
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good I'm glad Hamden is gone, makes some room for Campbell lol.
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmy Chang is a product of the system like Kliff
Kingsburry and B.J Symons of Texas Tech and if you seen him in the senior bowl, his arm was weak and he had no accuracy. Every ball he threw was sloppy. Ryan Fitspatrick isn't much of a physical talent but he is the smartest player the combine has ever seen. So he could become a poor Peyton Manning with his brains but he's a 3rd stringer by terms of physical performance. I think A.Walter,D.Orlovski,D.Greene,D.Anderson, or S.LeFors would perform well in Joe Gibbs offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: