Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nose Tackle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adiddy22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Nose Tackle Reply with quote

If we're serious about running the 34 on defense. We have to address the nt position. I know we have Isaac Sopoaga, but the knock on him last year was that he plays high and has poor leverage which is why he hurt his back. Adams is to small to hold up against the run and BY is better suited for the DE position in the 34. I don't think that there are any decent NT's left in free agency. I have been reading about this guy from Utah (Sione Pouhe 6'3" 325) who did 32 reps at the combine and ran a 5.06 40. Has anyone seen him play? Maybe he could be good value in the later rounds.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Pouha as well...supposedly Nolan has said both Sopoaga and Adams are going to be the guys at NT, so we'll see.
martisius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah isn't he the one that gets a good pass rush or is it the other guy with the similar last name. also lynn Mcgruder from oklahoma, he was totally disrupting things in the national championship game.
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's going to happen to Bryant Young then. Isn't Anthony Adams really undersized to be a 3-4 Nose tackle.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:
What's going to happen to Bryant Young then. Isn't Anthony Adams really undersized to be a 3-4 Nose tackle.

BY is supposedly going out to DE...I think Adams is best suited for the DE spot as well, but from what I've read, Nolan is planning on keeping him inside. Adams is 6'0", 300 lbs, so he's pretty stout, which is good.
martisius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i'm already tired of this 3-4 non-sense. in 3-4 you need powerful middle linebackers. D. smith is 235, Ulrich is 240. the 49ers may have the personel at linbacker but not at lineman.

then look at the raiders last year they had great lineman in their 3-4 and their defense still sucked
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theyare the Raiders thats why they sucked the 3-4 will allow more freedom to JP and plus Smith and Ulbrich are good tacklers I am just a little worried about that NT position I would like a casey Hampton type.
I am pretty excited about Rumph moving to FS though.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martisius wrote:
personally i'm already tired of this 3-4 non-sense. in 3-4 you need powerful middle linebackers. D. smith is 235, Ulrich is 240. the 49ers may have the personel at linbacker but not at lineman.

then look at the raiders last year they had great lineman in their 3-4 and their defense still sucked

The key to running the 3-4 is to have a good NT and good linebackers. If you have linebackers like the Raiders do you obviously aren't going to be sucessful. You must also have DE that can stop the run. I think the niners will deadly with the 3-4. It will benefit Carter, Peterson, Engleberger the most cauze now we can use them to there strengths. I very pumped up that we are moving to the 3-4.
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ravens have a FA, I think he is restricted Ma'ake Kemouateau 6'5" 335 lbs. perfect NT. Among our current players, I thought he was going to play Sopoaga there?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: