Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft pick Status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Draft pick Status Reply with quote

If we sign Jay Foreman will it affect if we draft D.J. johnson, or does the taylor affect the gardner trade/wr need with the 7th pick? I think he'll (d.j.) be the best pick at 7, then with the 18th try for A.Rolle or Thomas Davis all of these players were available in Kipers Mock draft.
7th D.J
18th T.Davis
49TH Nugent?
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshall ... I think we need to consider that Jay's a MLB and DJ's an OLB, but they're both athletes. If we sign Foreman, the Vikes will probably be forced to cut Henderson. Given the improvements the the D-Line, I don't think they'll make that move.

If DJ happens to fall to #7, we need to take him, just like McKinney and KW. DJ will more than likely be a FORCE.

As for #18. .. the best safety available would be great. Or, if Troy Williamson fell to #18 AND we took DJ at #7, then I think he'd be a great choice.

Finally, I don't know how many times I have to post this, but, if Mike Nugent is AVAILABLE in Rd 2, the Vikes need to take him.

But, just before we do, let me sell my stocks in Prylosec --THANKS
Helter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say wait on the signings for now till after the draft less someone unbleivable comes up
if we draft DJ theirs no need for another LB
if he's gone by 7 then a good vet may become availible in the spring
there are alot of senerios to play out ... so for now I would sit and wait for the draft and then go from there
IkilledKenny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Are you kidding?? Reply with quote

Quote:
Marshall ... I think we need to consider that Jay's a MLB and DJ's an OLB, but they're both athletes. If we sign Foreman, the Vikes will probably be forced to cut Henderson. Given the improvements the the D-Line, I don't think they'll make that move.

Thats probably one of the dumbest things I've read on here yet. We will not be cutting EJ anytime soon, that is ridiculous. I'm getting sick of people not realizing how good of a player he will be. At the Linebacker spot it takes a few years to get used to the NFL, think of linebacker, especially middle line backer as the QB of the defense. With Pat Williams and some help at LB EJ will have a break out year. Mark my words...he has to much talent and heart not to.
golf333333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you IkilledKenny.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: