Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints release Tebucky Jones who inks 2-year deal w/ Miami

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimfrotch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Saints release Tebucky Jones who inks 2-year deal w/ Miami Reply with quote

In order to avoid paying $400,000 in bonus money, the Saints released S Tebucky Jones in a move we all expected and hoped for. A trade would have been nice, but his release frees up about $3.7 mill- bringing the Saints to about $9 million under the cap (before the Howard trade). Look for the boys in Black and Gold to re-sign Joe Horn with their newfound $$$. (I'm pretty sure we were $5 mill under the cap)
Armyscout

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim
I am not an accountant, but your Numbers sound correct.
I figured after releasing Jones and Williams, we should have enough to sign Deuce long term. I think we should only sign Horn for 3 or less and I wouldn't even worry about AB for more than one more year.

I am just upset about the dirty underhanded business that Miami just pulled. Benson should be able to take this grievance to the commissioner.
We should get compensation from Miami. Dallas is trying to do the same damn thing with Howard.
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah having a contract worked out without offering us any compensation, I would have happy with a seventh rounder for Sucky Tebucky. But they knew the Saints would release him if they waited and that's dirty, difference is we aren't releasing Howard, at least we have him signed if we need him to stay. 7.8 million against the cap though
jimfrotch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least there are other teams interested in Howard. Jerry Jones may have to give up more than he wants. (that is if other teams like Minnesota are still interested)
BREAUXKNOWS99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually took a cap hit when we released TeSUCKY.

In releasing Jones, the Saints will be forced to eat $1.27 million in salary-cap space. Jones was scheduled to count $3.13 million against the $85.5 million salary cap this season. His cap hit increased to $4.40 million upon his release because of the acceleration of the prorated portions of the $6 million bonus package he received in 2003 and 2004.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: