Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Taylor signs.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missingmoss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Taylor signs. Reply with quote

Travis Taylor signs. This ends Kelly Campbell's Vikes career.
Helter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's probibly on his way to jail anyway
missingmoss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a sign that we have given up on Burress. This was on KFAN.com
Plaxico Burress visited Winter Park last weekend, but wasnít interested in a one-year deal. The Vikings reportedly compromised by offering a six-year, $36 million deal that included a $9 million roster bonus. The catch? The bonus would be paid in 2006, giving the Vikings a free pass to cut ties with Burress after next season if he didnít produce Ė potentially turning a long-term contract into a one-year deal without ramifications. Burressí new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has said his client is interested in Miami, and the Giants reportedly might revive negotiations. The Vikings still appear interested in trading for Washington receiver Rod Gardner, and also may consider USCís Mike Williams and Michiganís Braylon Edwards with their top draft pick.
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow great. Taylor will probably be like the 6th string reciever on the team. Razz

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Fartman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did we get Travis Taylor? He sucks worse than Robinson. We either get Plax, or draft a reciever, or make a trade.
MrClean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i don't understand why they got this guy!!!!
CoryNowak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we still might as well give him a shot. No receivers have been succesful for the Ravens, so maybe its not the receivers that are bad.
VIKEMAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I guess Vikes see potential w/ him. Hes a burner and thats something we dont have. Hes a poor mans "Joey Galloway". He can play though. Tice said he was in a system that did not utilize him ? So we took a chance, Hes got ability ,wether he shows it or not.......we'll see Very Happy
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He isn't as bad as all you people are making him out to be. He is a decent receiver with a lot potential. Plus lets see who he had passing to him... anyone would be bad if their QB was either Chris Redman or Kyle Boller. Plus who else did they have who could even make an attempt to catch the ball. Heap was hurt for most of last year and he was their best receiver. So I think with a real QB throwing to him he would score 8 TD's 75 catches and about 1,000 yards.
andrew91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad, rather him than Plax, he is cheaper, and we might get him to acheive

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is an upgrade actually...former first round pick, so he had to have some sort of talent. Still pretty young...

Low risk, high reward type of player...
common cents

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love this signing because i doubt we over payed (terms haven't been released) and i bet he got a back-up salary which isn't bad considering he still has potential to be great. really i see it as drafting a reciever in the third round because he can still be great...especially with daunte throwing the rock...he turns average recievers into great ones.

plus he recruited us and i think really only us so why not sign a player thats wants to wear a vikings jersey so bad...
Serick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Good signing Reply with quote

Common cents speaks like a man with a lot of common sense. I agree that its a good signing (assuming he's getting 3rd string money). I think the Vikes are looking for a clubhouse filled with good people. Kelly Campbell no longer fits that mold given his arrest in GA. Plus, Taylor is an upgrade over Campbell and he gives us a legit #3 receiver where we had a serious hole before.

My guess is the Vikes will look for a receiver early in the draft. If Edwards and Williams are both gone at #7, look for the Vikes to draft someone at #18. This signing gives the Vikes a little breathing room to develop that player before throwing him onto the field. Another great event in a great Vikings offseason.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

serick's got it down just fine. this guy isn't the answer to our receiving needs (go get boldin!), but will be another speedster on the team. does he return kickofs?

and as far as arrests go, did folks see what larry ned did once he arrived at the phoenix airport after being released by the vikes and picked up by the cards? jeez, what a loser.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give Taylor a little more credit guys. Trust me, as a ravens fan i will be one of the first to say he was a bust. However think about what he had to endure in Baltimore.
1) He was forced into the #1 WR role in just his second year[he will be 3rd or 4th WR in Minnesota]
2)Always faced the toughest coverage and/or double teams.with no other major recieving threat for half of his career, defenses could do whatever they wanted to him[Like i said he will be 3rd or 4th WR in Minn]
3) Never had a probowl QB throwing to him[Daunte is best in the league after Manning]
4)This past season was just the first time in his career he had the same starting QB in back to back seasons...and he was injured for almost half the season as well.

I think you guys will be rather impressed with Taylor, maybe a change of scenery and a little pressure off of his shoulders might do him good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: