Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I think vikings will surprise you with 7th pick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sniper69

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: I think vikings will surprise you with 7th pick Reply with quote

everyone has plax going to minn but I think he wants alittle to much I also saw on tv that minn really like big mike from usc so all of you who have them taking dj think again.
beartn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless they trade up there is no way Mike Williams falls to the 7th, if he falls to the 4 spot the Bears will draft him, if not Tampa Bay will definately get him at 5, so if you think minny will get him they are going to have to trade up because there is no way he falls to 7
wcblack34

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from Williams being gone by 7, this is smoke and mirrors. Tice puts out all sorts of stuff to try and lure teams to trade up (or stay where they are) and take players the Vikings don't really want. See: Jimmy Kennedy (true intention was Kevin Williams all along).
delakev

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearstn I think you make a great point that Mike Williams will not be there at the 7th pick, but that is completely irrelevant in this situation. Had you said he will not be available by the 8th, 9th, 10th pick by the time the Vikings get off their butt and actually hand in their slip of paper, then you would've had some validity. Wink

Thanks so much Scar!!
Montana168

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would mike williams even fit in the minn offense? their style of offense is just hav culpepper throw a bomb and he prays someone comes down with it, and randy moss always did , his receivers now wont. i thought williams is more of a WCO guy , make short slants and cuts out and get YAC with his size, which i guess was whate he did at USC? mike williams doesnt hav the speed to go deep every play, braylon edwards would fit in minn better. idk i could be completely wrong.
andrew91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general consus now is that the Vikings arent getting Plax
Wouldnt be much of a surprise...espcially after Tice said he liked him

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i refuse to concur. it seems as though the bears got a reciever by the name of muhsin muhammed this offseason. they need help on d like i have em taking a playmaker there
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears by no meens NEED anything on D, if we go that way its because that person was the best pick.
Our D is strong as is!
andrew91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bears are great deffencily, espcially with Urlacher returining

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the Vikes just signed Travis Taylor from Baltimore. They look to him to be their 3rd receiver, but i think that this means they wont be picking a high receiver seeing as theyd be paying a bit much for a 4th receiver.
Tall_Ogre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The viks would like to draft a WR depending who is there at that point. They would like Edawrds or Williams. The only thing the bears, titans, and bucs also might be interested in them.

The bears have 3 guys they would love to have. If LB Johnson falls down to them they won't pass it up. Urlacher and him could really make there D nasty. I don't think he will fall to them so they would like either Edwards or Williams so that Grossman has something to throw to.
duxrule

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
well, the Vikes just signed Travis Taylor from Baltimore. They look to him to be their 3rd receiver, but i think that this means they wont be picking a high receiver seeing as theyd be paying a bit much for a 4th receiver.

Who do you have as their first 2 or 3? Robinson has proven to NOT be a #1, Campbell is as good as in jail/gone, so Burleson is the #1???
batteringram31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I dont think the Vikes will draft Johnson. They have some decent LBs already. If they could get Henderson to cover, his game will be much improved. I dont think they will give top 10 money to a position that is already pretty good on there team.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more and more I turn it around in my head I see the Vikes trading into the top 3 to get one of the WR. They have too much depth to think of taking a risk on another RB, they have added 5 new D starters via free agency (most with pro bowl pedigree), and have yet to fill the hole left by Moss. They want one of the big two receivers and odds don't look good that one falls to them at 7. Look for them to target cleveland's #3 pick as they won't demand quite as much as the dolphins or 49ers, albeit it would make sense for Saban to trade down a bit and pick up two first rounders if he can.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
klarson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
The more and more I turn it around in my head I see the Vikes trading into the top 3 to get one of the WR. They have too much depth to think of taking a risk on another RB, they have added 5 new D starters via free agency (most with pro bowl pedigree), and have yet to fill the hole left by Moss. They want one of the big two receivers and odds don't look good that one falls to them at 7. Look for them to target cleveland's #3 pick as they won't demand quite as much as the dolphins or 49ers, albeit it would make sense for Saban to trade down a bit and pick up two first rounders if he can.

Duke, I like your thinking about the current Vike's RBs and free agent Def additions, but I don't agree about the first 6 picks.

IMO the odds are high that only one WR will be taken in this suddenly strong RB (3 of them) group of the top half dozen highest rated picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: