Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

From a Chiefs fan - Draft Day Trade..Would you trade up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: From a Chiefs fan - Draft Day Trade..Would you trade up? Reply with quote

Packers fans...Chiefs fan here. I just wanted to get your take on this trade proposal and what you think about it :

Kansas City trades their first round draft pick (#15) to Green Bay for their first round pick (#24) and their second round pick (#58).

Is there anyone in the top 15 you would target?

Or would you rather stay at #24?
packerpride17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, the packers new GM Ted Thompson loves to build teams through the draft, and doesn't like to trade up.

If they WERE to trade up, however, I believe they would be targeting Thomas Davis or Marcus Spears, maybe even Channing Crowder if they think he won't last till the 24 pick. They will NOT trade up to take a QB.
MultiSync

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they better not trade up i dont care if they draft the next ray lewis we need as many draft pics as possilbe
phoerig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the earlier posters... Thompson loves to build with the draft and I don't see him sacrificing any early picks to move up.

As an aside, I think a 2nd round pick is too much to move up from 24 to 15... especially given the way the talent breaks out in this draft. The only way something like that would happen is if someone was sliding on draft day we wanted badly...
packerpride17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre, can you tell me what the Chiefs salary cap is like? It must be big if they are going after Ty Law. Also, how does the Chiefs organization feel about Scott Fujita? If the Chiefs signed Law, do you think they would still be able to match an offer to Fujita?
duxrule

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the picks, get your DE, LB, and Safety in the first two rounds.
nicfre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerpride17 wrote:
nicfre, can you tell me what the Chiefs salary cap is like? It must be big if they are going after Ty Law. Also, how does the Chiefs organization feel about Scott Fujita? If the Chiefs signed Law, do you think they would still be able to match an offer to Fujita?

I actually think Fujita is a pretty solid linebacker. The main problem is he isn't a playmaker, but he was a solid player on a very bad defense. He has a very good size and speed combination for an outside linebacker. I honestly don't think the Chiefs would have enough money to sign Law considering what I think he will want would average $5-$6 million dollars per with a $11-$12 million dollar signing bonus. I think they are going to try and low ball Law when other teams have spent their free agent money, but I would like to see the Chiefs sign someone like Andre Dyson or Kelly Herndon to play cornerback then stay at #15 and draft Carlos Rogers. I am hoping Fujita will sign the tender, we give him a year and then decide if we want to sign him long term or not. If a team wanted to sign Fujita, it would have to be a front loaded contract for the Chiefs to let him go. Like I said, he is a good linebacker, but not much of a playmaker.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see us trading up if and only if Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers fell that far.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really NOT like to see Green Bay trade up for obvious reasons. However, one thing we have to keep in mind is I do believe we have to be in a slight panic mode to give Brett a legitimate chance at the Big Dance.

I'm not saying there would be a player between 24 and 15 that would do the trick, but I think it's something for us all to give some serious thought to. I would understand if management decided to take a few chances in the name of Brett Favre.

In the immortal, fairly-recent words of Jon Bon Jovi, "It's now or never!".
byzr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoken like a true fan of Brett Favre and the packers organization.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: