Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thomas Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simpsonsrule25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Thomas Jones Reply with quote

Although I would love to have Alexander or Edge, I think most people have forgotten that through the first three games of last year (the three that Grossman played in) TJ lead the NFL in total yards from scrimmage.
DABEARS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree if we didnt have to face 8 in the box the rest of the year and be the only threat he would have easily had 1000 yrds.
ta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur...I know the idea of getting James or Alexander is sexy, but Thomas Jones was extremely good until Rex went down. I think we should keep him and just get the best available back in the first or second round of the draft to back him up.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Jones just get the chance to shone in his own offense, I really hope we either draft DJ or a WR in the 1st round this year.
If we have any kind of passing game this year jones will explode with a moster year and a pro bowl trip IF he can stay healthy.
Just think he just just shy of 1000 yards with 4 games out in the worst offense in the NFL, now take that 8th person out of the box, put in a great blocking WR and watch him run!
Jack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totaly agree with you guys, I hope the bears dont take a RB in the 1st round. I like Mike Williams, the dude catches EVERYTHING in sight, not to mention he is HUGE, at 6-5 , and built he is the perfect red zone target. I dont like Braylon Edwards as much as Mike Williams, I know he has "burner" speed but what is going to produce more points consistantly? "Burner" speed, or red-zone target??

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
DABEARS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burner speed because you have to be able to get to the red zone first and without a burner we will be back to shoop days - "a pass completed to terrell for a gain of..3 maybe 4 yards." We need someone to keep the safeties of the line for TJ.
beartn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but Mike Williams is running like a 4.55 40 not exactly slow, its not like having the fridge line up at WR, that is respectable speed.
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys seem to be forgetting some very important people that never had "burner" speed. Guys you might have heard about: Jerry Rice, Boldin, T.O., all dont have great speed. 4.55 is a decent speed, think of that 1 tenth of a second, thats like the snap of the fingers, now if he ran a 4.45 then we would be all over him. Plus if you want "burner" speed, we have berrian who has proven that he can run for the long bomb if we need to stretch the def. Take Williams or be sorry in the future.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with ya Jack... I just don't believe that a team needs a "burner". I will take good routes and good hands over a burner any day.
CanadianBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A man who can react to the QB's throw, and has the muscle to claw for the ball is my kind of WR. Hands and route running are always more important.

you can be as fast as you want, but if you can't follow a route, then you're just a KR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: