Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Latest Rumor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VTViking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Latest Rumor Reply with quote

Yes we all love rumors on this board, and here is the latest one from a credible source who works with the media in Arizona. Try to follw as 3 teams are involved

Cardinals get: Edgerrin James, and the Colts 2005 Second Round Pick

Colts get: Corey Chavous, Michael Bennett, and the Vikings 2005 Second Round Pick

Vikings get: Anquan Boldin and LJ Shelton

If this is true, does this mean that Mike Rosenthal's rehab isnet on schedule? Also maybe this is the reason why the Vikes have been hesitant to pull the trigger on a FA WR.
Lee121503

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That trade would be awesome in my opinion. I've been an advocate of trading a runningback and if we made this trade then our WRs would be set and we could use number 7 on DJ or Merriman. The one drawback is it might be harder to draft Nugent then, possibly have Arizona and us each throw in our third rounders to each other.
govikes29

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who did you here this from
andrew91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To big....three team deals rarely work...but I dont mind the results

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off, 3 team deals almost never happen in the NFL, second, where do you get this stuff...there are no sources that i can find on the net reporting anything even close to this, including anything involving boldin..seems to be a rumor amongst fans, but i dont expect anything to come of it. If you do have a source, iw ould love to see it.

Here's to football!

Ndakasimba kana makasimbawo
vikefan11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: i havent read a rumor for a while thats a lot Reply with quote

peace
UtBDan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: i havent read a rumor for a while thats a lot Reply with quote

vikefan11 wrote:
peace

spam
Vikings fan.
andrew91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blatent Spam at that.
Just reasearched this through goole, nuthun, if its gonna happen, its very quiet

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If true, that kinda sucks, I dont want to see Chavous go, but if we get Boldin, I think its worth the sacrifice. I guess we can snag Poole with the 18.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
MrClean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do yall keep going on with this Anquan Boldin stuff? don't get me wrong i would love to have him, but let's be real Arizona is not gonna give him up. Listen...LET IT GO!!!!!!!!
VTViking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again this is just a rumor that a member of the Arizona media told me about. I dont have any websites, because it is once again a rumor that was told to him by someone on the staff. Just thought I would pass on the information, its not "spam". So you can get back to you stimulating conversation regarding Donovan Darius, Plax Burruss, and Darren Howard, and other players who will not be wearing the purple and gold next year.
andrew91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrClean wrote:
why do yall keep going on with this Anquan Boldin stuff? don't get me wrong i would love to have him, but let's be real Arizona is not gonna give him up. Listen...LET IT GO!!!!!!!!
Not necarily true. He wants a new deal, and Arizona and Denny loves Fitz

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew91 is right. denny would be willing to trade boldin if he can gain what he thinks is more. he's been gaga over fitz since he was a 12 yearold.

i have to think the cards and vikes have talked it to each other, but each plays the cards close to the vest and feigns disinterest. that's how the game is played so the other side ups the ante.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow . . . I love these rumor-mill sessions. As if being stuck in the boondocks of Alaska isn't enough to make me hammer down a bunch of Quervo. . . . lol (or whatever's handy). Anyway, three team deals don't kick off like the NBA or MLB so forgetaboutit. However, a deal between the Vikes and Cardinals could work, but maybe it goes something like this:

Vikes give up #18 overall and Bennett for Boldin and the Cards 2nd Rd pick, #44. Chances are, that won't work. Denny might love Fitz, but as we all know Denny also loves the "Three Deep" scheme. Boldin gives him the #1 guy in that scheme; whereas, Fitz is the new CC.

It's probably all for naught, Unless I'm Rob Bryzenski or Scott Studwell. As for dreams in that scenario, we'd get Boldin, the #7 overall, and two 2nd rounders. One of the 2nd rounders could be used to pick up Nugent and the other for Matt Jones, or a Georgia WR, or the Hampton kid.

In this final (and very wet) dream, our WR corps would be Burleson, Robinson, Boldin, Taylor, and Jones/Mathis. Plus we could take Merriman at #7 and add Nugent in the 2nd.

OK -- I'm half way through my 5th, and I"ve left a weakness . . .Safety. Anyone wanna help?
Alobar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norseman, i like youre scenario better....nugent....then our safetys are sharper and chavous.....grab a young safety with our other number 2 or 3....i couldnt see drafting another receiver in the second if we added boldin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: