You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns are now Bengals of old
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueskybetts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Browns are now Bengals of old Reply with quote

With all of the recently departed first round picks, the Browns are starting to look like the Bengals of the 90's. Let me draw some comparisons on the picks, and some other personnel:

Tim Couch = Akili Smith
Gerard Warren = 'Big Daddy' Wilkinson
Courtney Brown = Reinard Wilson
William Green = Ki-Jana Carter
Trent Dilfer & Jeff Garcia = Scott Mitchell, Gus Frerotte, Neil O' Donnell

Romeo Crennell = - LeBeau (a very respected coordinator for years that never got a shot until their 60's, but more of an X's and O's guy that is TOO nice for his own good, and can't command the respect of anybody other than the defense)

You see?? If history is doomed to repeat itself, you guys should be able to compete for the AFC North title in about another 9-10 years.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eat it.

The Bengals sucked because they had a moron running the front office. We have had some morons running ours the past 6 years.

The difference is the we have a smart front office and coaching staff, that come from winning programs.

Say what you like about Romeo. How many Super Bowl rings does your coach have? One? Labeau had none. Ours has 5.

So, as I said before, eat it.

Cleveland will never suck as much as Cincinnatti. No matter how many bad draft picks we've made.
harold650

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: A SIMPLE REPLY Reply with quote

Blueskybetts:

If you really believe that, I will cover your action.

Place your bet.

Shocked
travis1metallic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we may be considered the mistake by the lake......but we will never be as bad or as inept as the bungles in the jungle. Have you forgotten we have been back in the league 6 yrs and made the playoffs 1 time since then....when was the last time the bungles were in the playoffs....Paul Brown era.....wait i'm sorry the Boomer yrs....lol.....so who storied franchise......i'm sorry our storied franchise could never and should never be compared to the farm system of the nfl....u guys draft'em and they leave via FA......tell me....when did u think your ineptness was ever as good as our down yrs...
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand how Bengals fans (the team that hasn't had a winning record in what? 10-11 yrs) could possibly be talking crap about another team. Please wait until you guys are least are above 500 once. We sat out 3 years and have still made the playoffs a couple times since they last have.

I never thought of Cincinnati as our rival, that was a special kind of hate the was reserved for the Steelers, but at least I respected them. I don't even respect the Bengals fans. They are the biggest fair weather bandwagonners that I've ever seen.
LT22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Browns are now Bengals of old Reply with quote

blueskybetts wrote:
With all of the recently departed first round picks, the Browns are starting to look like the Bengals of the 90's. Let me draw some comparisons on the picks, and some other personnel:

Tim Couch = Akili Smith
Gerard Warren = 'Big Daddy' Wilkinson
Courtney Brown = Reinard Wilson
William Green = Ki-Jana Carter
Trent Dilfer & Jeff Garcia = Scott Mitchell, Gus Frerotte, Neil O' Donnell

Romeo Crennell = **** LeBeau (a very respected coordinator for years that never got a shot until their 60's, but more of an X's and O's guy that is TOO nice for his own good, and can't command the respect of anybody other than the defense)

You see?? If history is doomed to repeat itself, you guys should be able to compete for the AFC North title in about another 9-10 years.

Couch has had way more success than Akili. In fact Smith is one of the worst QBs ever.

Courtney Brown was effective when he played-Reindard Wilson just plain sucks.

Not sure about the Green to Carter comparison. KJC was the #1 overall pick and never did squat (not his fault-he had a terrible injury). Green was instrumental in helping the Browns get to the playoffs in 2002. He has had personal problems, so this is a bad match.

As for Crennel and Lebeau-only time will tell.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We made the playoffs before the Bungals...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
bruceb723

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: The Bengals of Old Reply with quote

You must be a Bengals fan, Blueskybetts, but your comparisons are a stretch. Wishful thinking, maybe? Hoping that the Browns...some team... any team can become more woeful than the Bungals?
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think only the Saints and Buccaneers have ever been worse than the Bungals...

This is called TRUTH!

Cincinnati Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Browns fans are right. You've been to the Playoffs more that the Bengals in the past 6 years and at least you did well when you got there. Let's both, Bengals and Browns fans, sit back and think about the times that our respective teams made it to the Super Bowl. Now that I know you're not thinking about anything, I'd take Dilfer over Palmer as my starting QB anyday, ha! Romeo is a good move but just like the Bengals, you'll have to wait at least three years for his system to show real results. It will be a miracle if you win 6 this year.

"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." -ERIC CANTONA
Eagles1fan5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Bengals should be happy with Carson Palmer. That kids got the tools and I'd bet any money that he bursts onto the scene next year and may even win that division for the Bengals
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cincinnati Kid wrote:
It will be a miracle if you win 6 this year.

That would not be a miracle, that would be an improvement.

I would take six wins, as long as the team plays competitively.

The turnaround will not take 6 years. Next year we will be in contention, and the year after that will be playoffs. Look at what Phil Savage was able to do with the horrible roster he inherited from Butch. That is just the free agent period. His specialty is the draft. Three off seasons of him at the helm, and we will have a seriously good team, led by a seriously good coach.

So I understand other teams' fans, especially those in our division, to worry about the waking giant by the lake. Get your shots in now, because once the teams take the field, you won't be able to say anything. Just ask Chad Johnson about what happens when you run your mouth about Cleveland.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should win 7 or 8 I think... or more...

This is called TRUTH!

akrongoblue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditch thank you for reminding Bungle fans it is decided on the field ala Johnson. As far as a fanchise goes there is no denying the Browns have been down recently. Let's not forget the league handicapped them from the very beginning with the short expansion notice and obviously there were too many terrrrible personale decisions, but even with that said, there is no way I would even remotely consider trading places with the Bengels. I'd place them right down there like mentioned with the Aint's and Cardinals.
ClevelanDawg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Cincinatti fan talking junk about the Browns? Are you serious?

That is like the French calling the USA pansies!

Dear Bengals fans, or should I say Kentucky chickenlovers, don't go down that road, the Browns hit a snag, but at least it was not a 2 decade snag. You have Marvin, but alot of good he did in keeping Takeo and Corey, and Rudi only stayed b/c he loves $$$, clothes, chrome rims and ice playa, pure ice.

We have Savage you have Mike Brown & Jim Lippincott & Pete Brown & Duke Tobin; we have John Collins, you have Katie Blackburn; you don't even have scouts, see the difference?

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2007044

***sorry about the edit, dawg. rules are rules***

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: