You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Travis Johnson at #17???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueskybetts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Travis Johnson at #17??? Reply with quote

I'm sick of seeing everybody pencil this loser in at #17. Marvin would never take a guy like this. He's a one-year wonder that takes plays off. He was never motivated to compete at a high level until it was time to hit the draft. And what happens when he gets that first round money? He ends up like all the other first round DT busts - fat, overpaid, and bouncing around the league for eight years before they ride off into the sunset on their yacht named 'Big Daddy'. Forget about this guy. Defense is a priority, but too many people are sleeping on big Heath Miller out of Virginia. He can Block, catch passes, and stretch the field - and he's the closest thing to Todd Heap that this draft has to offer. With P-dub's health in question, and Rudi struggling to catch passes, Carson is going to need this intermediate security blanket that knows how to play football and get things done. There is plenty of depth at DT and some damn good strong safeties out there. Hell, they can get a Jamaal Brimmer from UNLV in round 2, maybe 3, and we all know he's more fundamentally sound than a guy like Thomas Davis, with better coverage skills. And as far as DT, and even DE go, I think too many people are over-looking Askew and especially Geathers. Askew will be developed behind Bryan Robinson, and Geathers made plays in crucial situations down the stretch last year. Hell, HE was the one getting double-teamed the last 4 games of the year, NOT Justin Smith!!!! Sound off fools, and remember to do your homework before you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!!

Great Post!!! Very Happy

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow blueskybetts, a one hit wonder? I dont want to stick up for travis johnson, but he was one of the top 5 high school football players in america in 2000 and was heavily recruited. He has been consistent since he was a freshman and actually his numbers dipped slightly this year. One hit wonder...maybe u should do some research.
blueskybetts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charger-man, you fool! Johnson tied a career high for tackles last season, and made a new one in the tackles for loss department. His junior year (the year before) was absolutely disasterous, as he had a career low in both departments, and was making the Florida State staff mad by taking plays off. And yes, he was one of the most recruited individuals in the country a few years back, but being highly recruited out of high-school, and playing in the NFL are two different animals. I told you to do your homework, and you obviously didn't, so take your crappy lightning bolt helmet and get the hell out of our JUNGLE!!!!!!!!
Cincinnati Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to go with BlueSky on this one. I just don't trust FSU D-Linemen (see Reinard). DT is a position that you develop in the NFL, like Askew, and the Stripes should draft at another position to help the D. Bottom line is Marvin has had two solid drafts (outside of Perry) and you have to trust the guy.

"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." -ERIC CANTONA
delakev

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the by... What the hell was Marvin thinking with Chris Perry? I was a huge Stephen Jackson fan and was hoping that the Bears would take him, but we ended up with Tommie Harris, and I can't complain. But from what I saw of Jackson last year in the preseason and at the end of the year, he is a S-T-U-D. JW if Perry saw any action this past year and how he looked. Thanks!

Thanks so much Scar!!
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every report I heard said that Perry was a better pass-catcher than Jackson. Marvin knew what he had in Carson, and wanted another receiver out of the backfield, I guess.

I think I've posted it before, but Perry held out until just days before the first preseason game. Then he suffered through 2 injuries wiping out 90% of his season. He wound up with something like 2 carries for 1 yard and 3 catches for 30 yards. All I really saw from him was that he could be a very good 3rd down back. But we'll have to wait and see this season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think hes the best choice for Cincy. I dont think they should go anyone else. He is that good and they need a DT badly.
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEWS FLASH: The Bengals signed Bryan Robinson to start opposite John Thornton.

They also return Carl Powell (Who can play DT), Matthias Askes (2nd year DT), and Langston Moore (who stepped in and started when Big Tony got hurt). DT isn't a desparate need like everyone says it is.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a safety or very fast wide reciever at #17. Maybe the tight end Miller is a possibility...but i think you guys are forgeting about Marvin did last year...trade down. I down think youll see him draft anybody at #17. It will be more like 20-25 in my opinion. By then, who knows. Marvin doesn't draft by position, he drafts by what makes the team better. Nobody knows what he'll do...but i agree with one thing, it won't be Travis Johnson, even though he has the name of a bengal (Johnson...lol)
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea theJ. I don't think anyone has ruled out the possibility of trading down (actually, there's a short thread about trading down that got buried on here http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4223).

I don't know if you had read Geoff Hobson's latest article on bengals.com (http://www.bengals.com/press/hobsononline.asp?iCurPage=0&ho_id=191), but he has a lot of the same thoughts that you do.

Whatever Marvin choses to do, he'll have the support of all of Bengaldom. Who are we to question anything he does with the results we've seen in just 2 years with him in charge?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: