Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings101's 2007 NFL Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns dont need any O-Line help unless its a guard...and that isnt even a first round need.

If we are picking that high next year look for us to pick up Marshawn Lynch or Ted Ginn Jr.

Thanks to ElipticDawg on the sig!
duke2056 wrote:
Considering marijuana is the worlds most rAtarded thing to be ilegal,
Jayme96

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Achilles wrote:
The vikings don't want to pound the ball. All they want to do is run more efficiently. What they want, they have in hybrid backs like Taylor and Moore, who are able to catch and run, be used in the slot, and run both outside and inside. What they are is west coast backs, Lycnh is a bruiser who you give the ball to 30 times a game which is not what we need.

What we need is a linebacker, especially MLB, so we would not pass on Patrick Willis. And if you're addament on giving the Vikings a running back, Marshawn Lynch or Kenny Irons would fit our style better, but there is no way we pass on Willis.

The Vikings DO want to pound the ball. I've read on multiple occasions quotes of Childress saying so....so unless he's just lying about it in the media, they do want to pound the ball. In that scenario, Bush is the perfect choice, so I can definitely see where he'd want that...btw he's fast and can catch...very fast for his size. I do agree that unless Harris, Henderson, Thomas really step up and fill the MLB slot, that might be the biggest need by far. That's a bad place to have a hole on defense.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings101 wrote:
TheRealMishemu wrote:
reggie can get it done on his own

I agree that Reggie Brown is a future star, and might be able to do alot on his own, but how good would the Eagles be with McNabb having another go to receiver?

What position/player do you think the Eagles would go with if not a WR?

punter

Last edited by TheRealMishemu on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Vikings101

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Achilles wrote:
The vikings don't want to pound the ball. All they want to do is run more efficiently. What they want, they have in hybrid backs like Taylor and Moore, who are able to catch and run, be used in the slot, and run both outside and inside. What they are is west coast backs, Lycnh is a bruiser who you give the ball to 30 times a game which is not what we need.

What we need is a linebacker, especially MLB, so we would not pass on Patrick Willis. And if you're addament on giving the Vikings a running back, Marshawn Lynch or Kenny Irons would fit our style better, but there is no way we pass on Willis.

I think that E.J. Henderson will do alot better than expected at MLB, and Brad Childress has said that he wants to pound the ball. Michael Bush has a great combo of power/speed plus he is also a good receiver.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
17. Atlanta- Frank Oakm- DT -Texas
A big improvement in the middle, will help the Falcons defense become as good as their offense.
great pick but the defense will already be good. this pick would just make it dominant.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GoJags11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the jags pick but another possibility for them at that pick is to take an OLB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Vikings101's 2007 NFL Mock Draft Reply with quote

Vikings101 wrote:
Vikings101ís
2007 NFL Mock Draft
21. Minnesota- Michael Bush- RB -Louisville
Brad Childress wants to pound the ball and Chester Taylor and Mewelde Moore are anything but powerful backs.

A wee bit bias aren't we, being in the playoffs is a bit steep for the Vikings
Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by pinkeyup on Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jayme96

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Vikings101's 2007 NFL Mock Draft Reply with quote

pinkeyup wrote:
Vikings101 wrote:
Vikings101ís
2007 NFL Mock Draft
21. Minnesota- Michael Bush- RB -Louisville
Brad Childress wants to pound the ball and Chester Taylor and Mewelde Moore are anything but powerful backs.

A wee bit bias aren't we, beinng in the is a bit steep for the Vikings
Evil or Very Mad

"beinng in the....." what are you talking about? If you're going to talk smack at least say something.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings101 wrote:
LessThanStellar wrote:
I don't think they take a WR after this year because once Avant comes back he is going to prove to be a STEAL in the draft.

Also IDK how the Eagles raped the Vikings into giving up Baskett for McMullen but they did and Baskett is going to be awesome so we will see but I don't think they will need one after this year.

Baskett for McMullen came as a surprise to me too, as of now I think that they might need another WR, but mabye not.
Any suggestions of who they might go with if not a WR?

Possibly a Safety because there are quite a few good ones in the draft. If not then look for them to go after possibly a MLB to take over for Trotter. Maybe even another CB because Hood is only on a one year deal if I remember correctly.

Last edited by LessThanStellar on Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Brandon Merriweather????? He's a definite top 15 pick and the pick for the Cards in round 1.

EDIT- I realize now that you have him going to the ravens at 11 before us. My apologies. Seeing this, the Cards pick is fine.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would much rather the Rams draft Brandon Merriweather or Patrick Willis over Ted Ginn Jr.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMishemu wrote:
reggie can get it done on his own

Lol he better. I drafted him on my fantasy team after hearing a lot of reports that he's headed for a breakout season.

AD would certainly be a suitable replacement for Curtis Martin.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give this man a medal, finally someone has a realistic look on Oakland and actually is aware of team needs and the fact that they won't be anywhere near a top 3 pick. Love the pick too, Adams would be killer on the same line as Burgess.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Eagles pick because Jason Hill is susposed to be a burner and that is what the Eagles need at WR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: