Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings101's 2007 NFL Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikings101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Vikings101's 2007 NFL Mock Draft Reply with quote

Vikings101ís
2007 NFL Mock Draft (Edited)
Just a few changes
Let me know what you think, all comments appreciated.

1. NY Jets- Adrian Peterson- RB -Oklahoma
The Jets Bring in Curtis Martinís replacement.

2. Buffalo- Brady Quinn- QB -Notre Dame
Losman is a bust and Buffalo brings in their QB of the future.

3. Green Bay- Calvin Johnson- WR -Georgia Tech
The Packers need a go to receiver after the departure of Javon Walker.

4. San Francisco- Dwayne Jarrett- WR - USC
Frank Gore will do well so they bring in another weapon for Alex Smith to succeed with.

5. New Orleans- Paul Posluszny- OLB -Penn St.
The Saints have been looking for a great linebacker.

6. Detroit- Joe Thomas- OT -Wisconson
Some help will be needed on the offensive line if Kevin Jones/ Kitna/McCown/ or any of their WRs are
ever going to play well. Jon Kitna only has a few years left and someone will be needed to compete with McCown for the future, but there is a lot of depth at QB in this draft, a future star could be found in a later round.

7. Tennessee- Sam Baker- OT -USC
An all-around blocker for Vince Young and Lendale White, since Johnson and Jarrett are both gone.

8. Houston- LaRon Landry- S -LSU
Eric Moulds will help out the offense so the Texans bring in another piece to the puzzle of their slowly developing defense. They have some guys that they can develop on the offensive line.

9. Cleveland- Levi Brown- OT -Penn St.
I still think the Browns offensive line needs help and Brown can solidify it. Reuben Droughns has potential, so I donít see RB being a 1st round need.

10. St. Louis- Ted Ginn Jr.- WR -Ohio St.
Isaac Bruce is aging and wont be around too much longer.

11. Baltimore- Brandon Meriweather- S - Miami
Replacement for Will Demps whoís departure will effect the defense this year.

12. Oakland- Gaines Adams- DE -Clemson
The Raiders will give Andrew Walter another chance even if Aaron Brooks plays poorly so they add a pass rushing end to help bring together the rest of the defense.

13.Tampa Bay- Quentin Moses- DE -Georgia
Simeon Riceís eventual replacement.

14. Arizona- Justin Blalock- OG -Texas
The Cards bring in a solid blocker for Matt Leinart and Edgerrin James which makes for one of the best offenses in the league.

15. Kansas City- Jeff Samardzija- WR -Notre Dame
The Chiefs have never had a true #1 WR and with the QB depth in this draft Trent Greens future replacement can be found in a later round.

16. Chicago- Greg Olsen- TE -Miami
Great defense, bad offense with average TEs, Olsen should become a big pass catching threat for the Bears.

17. Atlanta- Frank Oakm- DT -Texas
A big improvement in the middle, will help the Falcons defense become as good as their offense.

18. Washington- Quinn Pitcock - DT -Ohio St.
DT remains a need on a solid defense.

19. Miami- Lamarr Woodley- DE/OLB -Michigan
Hard to choose pick, DE/OLB hybrid who will add depth.

20. Cincinnati- Zach Miller- TE -Arizona St.
Gives Carson Palmer another threat in the passing game and will fill a position of need.

21. Minnesota- Michael Bush- RB -Louisville
I still see this being the pick, because Brad Childress has said that he wants to pound the ball and Chester Taylor and Mewelde Moore are anything but powerful backs. This pick could depend on how
Fason runs the ball this year, and the success of their receivers and linebackers. I think E.J. Henderson will play well enough this season to rule out a MLB in the first.

22. Pittsburgh- Kenny Irons- RB -Auburn
The Steelers like to run the ball, Willie Parker canít do it on his own and Deuce Staley canít stay healthy so at the very least Irons will be a solid backup to Parker.

23. NY Giants- Antoine Carson- CB -Arizona
Best CB in the draft will fill big holes in the Giantís secondary.

24. San Diego- Sidney Rice- WR -South Carolina
The Chargers bring in another weapon for Philip Rivers and an eventual replacement for McCardell.

25. Jacksonville- Tim Crowder- DE -Texas
Hard to choose pick, but upgrades an already good defensive line alongside of Marcus Stroud and John Henderson.

26. Philadelphia- Jason Hill- WR -Washington
The Eagles really donít have any big holes anywhere on the team, so as of now I think that this will still be the pick. For anyone that disagrees think of how good McNabb will be with two very good wideouts.

27. Seattle- Kyle Young- C/OG -Fresno St.
There is no big needs for the Seahawks and the offensive line is a critical part of Alexanderís success, so a replacement for Hutchinson is needed.

28. Denver- Marshawn Lynch- RB -California
The broncos have had success with many average backs, but have never had a real #1 guy, Lynch is a steal at 28 and will have great success with the Broncos.

29. New England- Michael Griffin- S -Texas
Rodney Harrisonís eventual replacement.

30. Dallas- Brian Brohm- QB -Louisville
The Cowboys bring in Drew Bledsoeís replacement, biggest steal of the draft is Brohm at 30.

31. Indianapolis- Leon Hall- CB -Michigan
Adding another great corner would only improve an already good defense. I see a colts the Colts winning it all in Ď07.

32. Carolina- Patrick Willis- LB -Ole Miss
The departure of Will Witherspoon will leaves a void that Willis can easily fill.

Iím willing to give a more detailed explanation of where or who a team is picking, just post a reply.

Last edited by Vikings101 on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
7. Tennessee- Joe Thomas- OT -Wisconsin
An all-around blocker for Vince Young and Lendale White

great pick for the situation.

with Calvin Johnson and Dwayne Jarrett already gone, Thomas is definately the next best choice for our team.....

i like the draft position as well. A lot of other members dont think that we will be that impressive next year (including me). Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:
Quote:

with Calvin Johnson and Dwayne Jarrett already gone, Thomas is definately the next best choice for our team.....

i like the draft position as well. A lot of other members dont think that we will be that impressive next year (including me). Wink

I see the Titans improving alot with Vince Young being so mobile and Lendale White's combination of power and speed. White is my pick for Offensive Rookie of the Year.
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings101 wrote:
TTitanFAN32 wrote:
Quote:

I see the Titans improving alot with Vince Young being so mobile and Lendale White's combination of power and speed. White is my pick for Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Vince Young wont see many starts next year.

Billy Volek is going to be the starting QB for most of the year and then Young might see a few starts towards the end of the year....

White could very well be the OROY though, hes been doing great in the offseason and supposedly has lost a total of 22 lbs. or somethign like that to get back into shape but my vote for the OROY has to be Vernon Davis.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Raiders will give Andrew Walter another chance even if Aaron Brooks plays poorly so they add a pass rushing end to help bring together the rest of the defense.

Great pick and explaination.

And I doubt White wins OROY in a crowded backfield, but who knows..
Vikings101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hungry Man wrote:
Quote:

Great pick and explaination.

And I doubt White wins OROY in a crowded backfield, but who knows..

If Chris Brown is traded White will get most of the carries.
tiki2hall21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would defidently comntimplate juming off the Emire St. building!
Achilles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vikings don't want to pound the ball. All they want to do is run more efficiently. What they want, they have in hybrid backs like Taylor and Moore, who are able to catch and run, be used in the slot, and run both outside and inside. What they are is west coast backs, Lycnh is a bruiser who you give the ball to 30 times a game which is not what we need.

What we need is a linebacker, especially MLB, so we would not pass on Patrick Willis. And if you're addament on giving the Vikings a running back, Marshawn Lynch or Kenny Irons would fit our style better, but there is no way we pass on Willis.

"I quit smoking to give emphazima a break and to allow diabetes to catch up."
TheRealMishemu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reggie can get it done on his own
LessThanStellar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they take a WR after this year because once Avant comes back he is going to prove to be a STEAL in the draft.

Also IDK how the Eagles raped the Vikings into giving up Baskett for McMullen but they did and Baskett is going to be awesome so we will see but I don't think they will need one after this year.

can we save this term for the serious nature of the word, and not something as trivial as a football trade? thanks.

as for the Broncos pick...i'm very torn. i adore Lynch, but Griffin is also a steal and fits a more pressing need.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LessThanStellar wrote:
I don't think they take a WR after this year because once Avant comes back he is going to prove to be a STEAL in the draft.

Also IDK how the Eagles raped the Vikings into giving up Baskett for McMullen but they did and Baskett is going to be awesome so we will see but I don't think they will need one after this year.

Baskett for McMullen came as a surprise to me too, as of now I think that they might need another WR, but mabye not.
Any suggestions of who they might go with if not a WR?
draftguru151

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Woodley for Miami.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LessThanStellar wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

The Eagles TRADED for an undrafted rookie free agent. The pure nature of that statement means that there was no "rapage" done by the Eagles.

But anyway, I love Baskett. He is going to be a great #2, if not good #1, for the Eagles. It was a joke that he didn't get drafted.

I think there had to be some outside force acting on that fact. Scout who came into the Lobo football office absolutely loved him. We were all shocked that he didn't wind up somewhere. It didn't make any sense, because we were hearing whispers of possibly him going on the first day.

But anyway, pretty much every team (28 is the actual number, I think) was looking to sign him after the draft. I don't get it, really, why he wasn't picked.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMishemu wrote:
reggie can get it done on his own

I agree that Reggie Brown is a future star, and might be able to do alot on his own, but how good would the Eagles be with McNabb having another go to receiver?

What position/player do you think the Eagles would go with if not a WR?
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the lions need a QB, but no, it will not be Stanton. Stanton wont have a great year, and he wont go as high as everyone thinks he will. He really fell off at the end of last year when everyone figured out what John L. Smith was doing at MSU, and the trend will continue. He dosen't have anyone to throw the ball to, and there isn't an amazing run game to take the pressure off of him. We need to rebuild our offensive line before we bring in a QB. Joe Thomas would be a better pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: