Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My 1st 2007 Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvilma51

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: My 1st 2007 Mock Draft Reply with quote

1. Buffalo Bills – Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame – The Bills QB situation is a disaster and I don’t see Losman being anything but a bust. They snag the best QB prospect in Brady Quinn and actually get a franchise QB this time.

2. Tennessee Titans – Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech – The guy can make plays, and that’s what the Titans need, playmakers. They solidified their RB group by adding LenDale White, and after dumping all that money, I hope Vince can turn into a great QB. But in order for him to do so, they need to surround him with weapons so they get the best WR in the draft in Johnson.

3. New Orleans Saints – Paul Posluzny, LB Penn State – The reason they pick here is because Reggie Bush holds out, it brings .down the morale of the team, but even though they have Brees he doesn’t fully recover from the shoulder injury, and Deuce isn’t fully healed either so they end up falling and picking 3rd overall. They get a great stud LB in Poz who will make that defense better as soon as he is drafted.

4. San Francisco 49ers – Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma – This kid was runner up heisman freshman year and I expect at least the same thing if not better this year. With Johnson off the board, the 49ers get the best person to help Alex Smith. They get a good running game which you need to set up the pass.

5. Green Bay Packers – Dewayne Jarrett, WR USC – This kid is great and will help that Packer receiving corp. right away. After losing Walker, they need a playmaker at that position because IMO Driver and Ferguson are #2 receivers AT BEST so they get a young, talented Jarrett for Rodgers to throw to.

6. Seattle Seahawks – Gaines Adams, DE Clemson – The curses get them as they have a disastrous season. They get a great pass rusher in Adams, and even though they probably need a guard, there are non worthy of this spot, so they get the BPA.

7. Houston Texans – Laron Landry, S LSU – They get a little better this year, but they get the best safety in the draft to help solidify that young D. They will be good in a few years with Willaims, Ryans, and now Landry.

8. St. Louis Rams – Ted Ginn Jr., WR Ohio State – Holt and Bruce are still great but old, and Ginn can play in the slot and learn from great players until one of them retires.

9. Detroit Lions – Drew Stanton, QB Michigan State – Kitna might have been the solution this year, but he won’t be for the future. They get a great young QB to learn behind Kitna for a little and then become the franchise because with a good QB that offense can be great with Jones, Williams, Williams, and Pollard.

10. New York Jets – Quentin Moses, DE/OLB Georgia – They didn’t draft a tweener at all last year and they get the best one and the second best OLB in the draft. Moses will start right away and provide the Jets D with that 3-4 pass rush OLB.

11. Philadelphia Eagles – Marshawn Lynch, RB Cal – They take the BPA and someone who can replace Westbrook and help in the running game.

12. Minnesota Vikings – Brian Brohm, QB Louisville – Brad Johnson isn’t the answer but I don’t think Jackson isn’t either. They get a great franchise QB who can learn behind Johnson and then step in and take over.

13. Oakland Riders – Quinn Pitcock, DT Ohio State – They keep helping their D by getting the best DT in the draft to help that interior of their line.

14. Cleveland Browns – Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin – They get a franchise LT to protect Frye in the future. The best OT in the draft, but he has a serious knee injury which could hurt in the future.

15. Chicago Bears – Jeff Smardzija, WR Notre Dame – They need weapons on offense after last year they didn’t help their O at all. They get a good solid WR in Samardzija.

16. New York Giants – Michael Bush, RB Louisville – Tiki Barber is old. He’s contemplating retirement. Bush is expected to have a Heisman like season this year and would be a great RB in the NFL.

17. Arizona Cardinals - Sam Baker, OT USC – They get a great OT who can help solidify that O-line. They have good, young D and their receiving corp. is great, they just need a line to get it all done. Some consider Baker better than Thomas.

18. Atlanta Falcons – Michael Griffin, S Texas – Milloy is getting old and Kieon Carpenter has potential to be great. They get Griffin to play alongside in the future.

19. New England Patriots – Brandon Merriweather, S Miami – Rodney Harrison is old and they get his replacement. IMO, Merriweather is better than Zimbrowski.

20. Indianapolis Colts – Justin Blalock, OT Texas – They get an OT for the future to replace Glenn. He can protect Manning and block for Addai.

21. San Diego Chargers – Patrick Willis, ILB Ole Miss – Edwards is old and they get the best ILB in the draft to replace him in the 3-4.

22. Jacksonville Jaguars – Kenny Irons, RB Auburn – They get a future replacement for Fred Taylor.

23. Miami Dolphins – H.B. Blades, LB Pittsburgh – Zach Thomas is great and can teach Blades all he knows. Blades will be the future replacement for Thomas.

24. Dallas Cowboys – Jordan Palmer, QB UTEP – Bledsoe is old and they need to find a franchise QB. They get Palmer who can learn under Bledsoe for a while and then step in and take the reign.

25. Cincinnati Bengals – Greg Olsen, TE Miami – They have a geat offense, and after helping out their D last year by adding Joseph and Brooks, they complete their offense with a great TE.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Tom Zbikowski, S Notre Dame – They need a safety to play alongside Ed Reed. They get a good one in Zbikowski.

27. Pittsburgh Steelers – Leon Hall, CB Michigan – IMO they don’t have a #1 corner. They get a great corner in Hall to help solidify that secondary.

28. Washington Redskins – Lamar Woodley, DE Michigan – This kid is a tweener, and can give Washington the pass rush they have been looking for. He can also stand up and play OLB.

29. Kansas City Chiefs. – Levi Brown, OT Penn State – Roaf retired and even if he comes back out he is old so they need a replacement for him right away.

30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Rufus Alexander, OLB Oklahoma – They need an OLB to add to their corp. and eventually replace All-Pro Derrick Brooks.

31. Denver Broncos – Tim Crowder, DE Texas – They add him to get that pass rush they have been looking for. Crowder luckily falls this far and they take him in a heartbeat.

32. Carolina Panthers – Zach Miller, TE Arizona State – Their offense is dynamite with so many weapons, the TE position is the only question mark. They answer the question when they draft Miller who basically completes their offense.

Props to jgoldiscool
kyle21121

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Marshawn Lynch??? Great Chargers pick tho
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. Tennessee Titans – Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech – The guy can make plays, and that’s what the Titans need, playmakers. They solidified their RB group by adding LenDale White, and after dumping all that money, I hope Vince can turn into a great QB. But in order for him to do so, they need to surround him with weapons so they get the best WR in the draft in Johnson.

perfect pick for the Titans.

i like the explanation as well, this gives Vince one of the best WR drafted in the last 5 years or so IMO....our WR core will then be solidified as well with Johnson, Givens, Bennett, to go along with a lot of rookies that were drafted last year with Roby, Williams, Jones.

we will be set at the Wide Reciever position for many years to come. Great job man. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Vikings draft. Tarvaris Jackson is our future. Patrick Willis should be the pick here.
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwayne Jarrett over Poz for the Saints.
tiki2hall21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely HORRIBLE pick and an ever WORST spot!

1. Tiki is thinking of retiring IF we win the SB if we have the 16th pick w/o trading hes not going anywhere.
2. We need a fast RB we already have a Michael Bush type in Brandon Jacobs.
nyjvilma51

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1st 2007 Mock Draft Reply with quote

jvilma51 wrote:

10. New York Jets – Quentin Moses, DE/OLB Georgia – They didn’t draft a tweener at all last year and they get the best one and the second best OLB in the draft. Moses will start right away and provide the Jets D with that 3-4 pass rush OLB.

15. Chicago Bears – Jeff Smardzija, WR Notre Dame – They need weapons on offense after last year they didn’t help their O at all. They get a good solid WR in Samardzija.

like the jet pick unless bryan thomas has a nice year...

that would be funny if smardzija played for the cubs and bears, he would be beloved by the entire city of chicago
PackAttack785

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers would trade down a spot or two and get LaRon or even farther and pick up Griffin.

Mercury22 wrote:
I doubt, very seriously, if the Packers even sniff the playoffs next year.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

18. Atlanta Falcons – Michael Griffin, S Texas – Milloy is getting old and Kieon Carpenter has potential to be great. They get Griffin to play alongside in the future.

please do some research Keion Carpenter is horrible and he was cut this past year because of it. he has no potential. we have Chris Crocker though who has the potential to be great and this would be a good pick for the eventual replacement of Milloy.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
TheRealMishemu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE EAGLES ARE NOT GONNA TAKE A DAMN RUNNING BACK IN THE 1ST ROUND! Evil or Very Mad WE DONT NEED ONE
Vikings101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings wont taken a QB next year. Brad Childress has faith in Tarvaris Jackson and will give him more than a year to prove if he can handle the load of a starting QB.

I think MLB if Henderson struggles (I think he will play better than expected) or a RB like michael Bush.
Davey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinton Moses over Marshawn Lynch makes me cry. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Vikings pick, even though most guys will tell ya that T Jackson is the answer at QB, I don't agree.

The Steelers have 2 guys worthy of being #1 CBs though. Ike Taylor is one of the best cover corners in the league. He shut down big name WRs in the playoffs for the most part (1 big catch to Harrison at the start of the game and next to nothing after that by any WR he was covering). Bryant McFadden was making huge plays as a rookie last year, and I think he'll be an elite CB. Trust me, they will NOT pick a CB in the 1st round. The only way they do that is if they think they can't resign Ike (he's a RFA next year). Safety is a possibility, as are RB, LB, DE (for a 3-4 so basically an athletic DT or a big DE).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiki2hall21 wrote:
absolutely HORRIBLE pick and an ever WORST spot!

1. Tiki is thinking of retiring IF we win the SB if we have the 16th pick w/o trading hes not going anywhere.
2. We need a fast RB we already have a Michael Bush type in Brandon Jacobs.

Michael Bush is very fast for his size, and is a much better back than Brandon Jacobs.

But that's fine with me. Let him slide to the Cowboys. I get the feeling they aren't going to draft a QB and give Romo a chance as the future anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome pick for rams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: