Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jay Forman released by the Texans, ...we need to sign him!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chivato

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Jay Forman released by the Texans, ...we need to sign him! Reply with quote

HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans released linebacker Jay Foreman and safety Eric Brown on Monday, a year after both longtime defensive starters missed significant time with injuries.
Advertisment

The 28-year-old Foreman missed the last five games of the season with a sprained left ankle. He finished second on the team with 93 tackles.

A six-year veteran, Foreman came to Houston in a trade with Buffalo in 2002( does that put him there when Cottrell was there??) and started for three seasons. He had a career-high 193 tackles in 2002 and followed that up with 180 the next year.

.....He is Chuck Foreman's son right? ....sound like a perfect fit...a verteran linebacker, and a proven player(193, and 180 tackles in '02 and '03, then 93 tackles last year and he missed 5 games.) and he has Minnesota ties.....WE NEED TO GET HIM.

.....Here's what we need to do...

...Sign Foreman(LB), D. Boston(WR), and B. Johnson(QB), and maybe (LB)Cowart if released, then in the Draft we get (WR) Mike Williams by trading up with Cleveland to get the 3rd pick and their 5th round for our 7th pick , 4th round, a 3rd rnd 2006, and Bennett), and take (DE) Shawn Merriman, or (S) Thomas Davis with the 17th, and (PK) Nugent with our 2nd, in the 3rd-7th rounds maybe a Cb, a DE/S, a Rb, an OL and/or a DT and maybe (P)Culcultt from UT to groom under D. Bennett for a year and maybe Kick Off too , .....ya never know
Riddle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we signed forman, we wouldnt really need to draft DJ...im not wild about using that 7th pick on a WR, partially because i think DJ is the next derrick brooks, and partially because i think drafting a receiver is basically replacing the best WR in the game with a lesser one, but if we did sign forman, WR would probably be our biggest need area, and either williams or edwards will likely be there, and both will be studs...however, i would also consider a RB with the 7th pick if DJ was gone and the right back slipped through the cracks...were gonna run the ball more, and while i do like onterrio smith and mewelde moore, i dont think either of them can be a true 1500 yard feature back like tice wants...if we trade bennet and smith, this would be a find move too...one last thing, you mentioned merriman at 18...he might be gone as early as 3, but shouldnt last any longer than 11...so if you really did want him, hes gotta be the 7 pick

Here's to football!

Ndakasimba kana makasimbawo
nickelpete

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say nix that whole David Boston idea. Shoot, we just traded away the greatest receiver in football for less than equal compensation, only because of "character issues." David Boston makes Randy look like mother Theresa. At least Randy's teammates still defended him to a degree.
But if you really want to sign Boston, let's also sign Lawrence Phillips for some backup HB depth and sign the Peter brothers for d-line help. And we still need a backup QB so lets try and get Art Schlichter back in football.
Serick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Moss Reply with quote

I've read a number of comments stating that the Vikes shouldn't draft a WR with the 7th pick because that would be like trading Moss for a lesser receiver. You guys need to accept that Moss was traded because of character issues, not because of his talent.

You need to let go of Moss. Forget about him. He is no longer a part of the team. Now, let's build a legitimate team for 2005 - if that means drafting a WR at #7 to fill the biggest hole still remaining on the team then so be it.

As for me, I love Mike Williams and think the Vikes would be nuts to pass on him at #7 if he's there. The guy is a bigger stronger version of Cris Carter. Seriously, many have compared his hands and body control to Cris - my favorite Viking of all time. Plus the guy is 6'4" and 225 lbs.

As for Jay Foreman, I don't know much about the guy, but if he's a legit OLB then the Vikes should go after him. We need veteran leadership at the LB position.
Helter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Foreman may be worth trying to sign ... are you sure he had 193 tackles in one season ? if so that's some really good production and needs to be signed ...

didn't like the deal thought we got shafted on it , but I've moved on ... williams would be a great addition but still it's like trading moss for williams harris and a late round ... williams may be great one day but right in the now and here time moss is the greatest ...

we had the cap space to have kept him , fixed the D with the additions we have done signed another top LB and gone on to the superbowl

if we somehow get DJ or Williams draft day I'll be happy and moss we be a thing of the past ...
golf333333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'm not really caring about what TICE wants or thinks he needs. Maybe if he learned some better coaching skills we wouldn't have all these end of season melt downs. Hey, maybe his scalping money is helping the franchise Smile
govikes29

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya but if we wouldnt have released moss we would have 10 million less dollars and thats about as much money as wiggins and smoot are getting this year nd plus everone in te locker room hated him
Ares Caesar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

govikes29 wrote:
ya but if we wouldnt have released moss we would have 10 million less dollars and thats about as much money as wiggins and smoot are getting this year nd plus everone in te locker room hated him

I assume you mean traded, and as far as money goes, the vikings have LESS cap space on account of trading Moss as they took something like a 10 million dollar cap hit by doing so. (might have been a couple million less, I cant really remember) Never the less, the point is, trading moss basically cost the same in cap space this year as it did to simply have him on the roster with his big salary.

But with how the Vikings have operated, some speculate the Vikings have been considering trading Randy for some time, and highly considered it for this year, as they made A LOT of cap space available for this years cap so they could take the 10 million dollar hit on the cap.

Anyway, I agree with what a couple said... personally I'd have prefered they gone after Burress or Boldin, INSTEAD of making the draft require the #7 pick as a WR, vs a choice of the available players (seeing as there is a chance that neither Williams, Edwards OR DJ are there at #7)
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chivato . . . you have some interesting moves there. Jay Foreman's ok, maybe better than Claiborne -- oops, Jay's a Middle LineBacker. Would we have room for him? He'd probably expect to be a starter, and although competition can be good, EJ and Jay probably wouldn't mesh if one was forced to be a sub.

Other than that, I don't know how you could possibly think the Vikes should consider some of your other moves -- I think I need to work on a fifth of Crown to get this straight.

First, I like Johnson and maybe even Foreman. Should we take the deal to Cleveland?--nah. I would love to see Mike Williams on the Vikes, but he might not even make it past San Fran or Miami. Even if Cleveland were willing, would the Vikes deal up with McCombs still at the helm, I'd be surprised.

Love the Nugent pick in the 2nd. Only hopeful dreams will allow Merriman to fall to #18 . . . I think someone else (Cincy) has #17 last I checked. Thomas Davis would be great though.

Now,as for Boston -- keep him a long, long way away from this team. Cowart might be a good mentor,but why waste a roster spot?

Finally, Colquitt is the top rated punter, but the Vikes need to get down to One Kicker and One Punter for consistency and depth at other positions.
chivato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....some stuff

The Vikings have held causal discussions about another(Travis Taylor's agent) of Frankel's client, former Houston linebacker Jay Foreman. Frankel said he is awaiting word on whether the team will make a formal contract offer in the next few days.

The total value of new safety Darren Sharper's four-year contract is $14 million, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Sharper received a $1 million signing bonus, is guaranteed a roster bonus of $3 million and has a $900,000 base salary in 2005. In all, Sharper will count $5.5 million on the 2005 salary cap.

...and that article had some high stats for Foreman,...the only thing i could find on nfl.com was 140 and 135, then 105 tackles in those years, still strong numbers .

.....get Mike Williams and Nugent please!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: