Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kevin Love to UCLA
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffrizzle51

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, but that's not fair to the people who could seriously need that financial gain of joining earlier than later.

As RD stated, there are other ways to make money if it's really that big an issue.

Quote:
That's why you get guys in college accepting money from agents or agents buying them things to get lured into making more money.

Guys with zero financial problems accept money too. I'm willing to bet an overwhelming majority of them could get by just fine without accepting money.

Quote:
The NBA was getting a bad rep for letting players choose playing professional basketball over going to college and it's not that big of a deal really because in other sports like soccer and baseball kids go straight from high school to playing

The NBA got its bad rep because high school kids were getting drafted and sitting on the bench for 4 years while making more than most veterans in the league. It's bad for everyone when that happens. The team, the player, and the league all suffer. For every Kobe or Lebron who could easily make the transition, there are plenty of guys who have no business trying to make the jump. It's best for them in the long run to go to school, even if it is only for a year. I agree with you that the age rule is wrong in some ways, but it's the only way to stop these guys from making terrible decisions and hurting both the league, and their careers.

Mr. Instant Offense: Rudy Burgess
Last Season: 59 rec. 655 yds. 4 TD; 147 car. 687 yds 6 TD
This Season- 2 games; 9 rec. 153 yds.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is talk that UCLA is close to landing another top recruit from the state of Oregon. His name is Kyle Singler, and he's a SF. His former AAU teammate, Kevin Love, just committed to UCLA and now Singler is not far behind him from what I have been reading. If they do land Singler, which seems very possible at this point, the UCLA Bruins will have pulled in two of the top six recruits from the 2007 recruiting class. Add in James Keefe, a PF they recruited this year, and Chace Stanback, who they recruited along with Kevin Love, and you can see the UCLA Bruins on their way back up to prominance in college basketball due in large part to their run all the way to the National Championship Game this past April.

Kyle Singler reminds me of Adam Morrison with more athleticism, he is that good.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
LeftwichToJones

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:
There is talk that UCLA is close to landing another top recruit from the state of Oregon. His name is Kyle Singler, and he's a SF. His former AAU teammate, Kevin Love, just committed to UCLA and now Singler is not far behind him from what I have been reading. If they do land Singler, which seems very possible at this point, the UCLA Bruins will have pulled in two of the top six recruits from the 2007 recruiting class. Add in James Keefe, a PF they recruited this year, and Chace Stanback, who they recruited along with Kevin Love, and you can see the UCLA Bruins on their way back up to prominance in college basketball due in large part to their run all the way to the National Championship Game this past April.

Kyle Singler reminds me of Adam Morrison with more athleticism, he is that good.

Seth Davis on SI.com says Singler plays like a combination of Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

Thanks to XxdarnikxX for the sig.

Vince will be the best player from the 2006 draft.
Alex Smith will be a franchise QB.
RavensWin520

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:

That is not what I have been hearing. I have heard he is leaning towards Duke.

Quote:
1. Kyle Singler. Singler is one of those guys who, as soon as he releases a shot, you just know the ball is going in. At 6-9, 210 pounds, he can play inside and out, and he is more than just a stand-still shooter. Singler's list of potential colleges is down to Duke, UCLA, Kansas, Arizona and Washington, but the word filtering around the trials is that he is on the verge of committing to Duke.

That was from SI and was written recently (but before Love committed to UCLA). However, Singler has already said that it does not matter where Love goes. Love's choice has no influence on Singler.

Here is an article that was written 10 days ago for Yahoo Sports:

Quote:
The summer is used mostly for recruiting, but two recruits--Nolan Smith and Taylor King--have verbally committed to Duke for 2007 and another top recruit, Kyle Singler, is rumored to be close to committing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't all the talented white kids just not go to Duke? Lol.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
SmootOperator08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't Love has problems with his knees? Someone on RealGM said that.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

Damn you Ernie Kent!

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 318 rush yds(7.6), 660 rec yds(13.2), 5 TDs
Tyner: 387 rush yds(4.4), 65 rec yds(7.2), 4 TDs
Freeman: 1050 rush yds(5.6), 106 rec yds(9.6), 16 TDs
Brew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This puts UCLA back on the map. He's very much like a young Elton Brand. He's a real post player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: