Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pace Visiting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pickledpigsfeet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Pace Visiting Reply with quote

I wouldn't give up 2 first round picks for him. In fact, I wouldn't give up two first day picks in this year's draft for him. I would consider giving them next year's 2nd round pick and switching 1st round picks with them this year(from 13 to 19). Or simply switch picks in the first two rounds. The value of these switches would equal to about a 2nd round pick. I'll attach a draft pick value chart to illustrate.

Here is the article:

Orlando Pace's days as the franchise player of the St. Louis Rams may be coming to an end.

Two days before a March 16 deadline to get a long-term contract with the Rams, Pace and his new agent, Kennard McGuire, flew to Houston on Monday to visit the Texans with hope of facilitating a trade that would end his eight-year career as the Rams left tackle.

The Rams have franchised him for three consecutive years. Under terms of the franchise designation, the Rams have until March 16 to work out a long-term contract and regain the ability to franchise a player next year. Any long agreement reached between March 16 and July 15 would cost the team the franchise tag for the length of that contract.

Pace and the Rams have been discussing a long-term deal for the past two weeks. At different points during the past month, there have been thoughts that the Rams would either trade Pace or that the former Ohio State offensive line would ask to be traded.

The fact that Pace is spending Monday in Houston shows that he is willing to move to a different team. It's his right as an unsigned franchise player to visit other teams and talk contract, but the timing of Monday's visit signifies questions in his mind whether he can get a long-term deal done with the Rams.

The 29-year-old former first-round pick recently hired McGuire and Fletcher Smith two weeks ago after not having an agent since the middle of the season. McGuire, who accompanied Pace on the trip to Houston, was unavailable for comment.

The Rams would have to receive two first-round picks if Pace signs an offer sheet, but if Pace's intentions are to go to the Texans, it would be more likely the two teams would have to work out a trade for a first-round choice and something more. At the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, the New York Giants and a couple other teams heard initial inquiries from the Rams about the possibility of trading Pace.

Those thoughts died down when Pace hired his new agents. The Rams were excited about Pace hiring agents in time to do a long-term contract before the start of their offseason program.

Pace was the first selection in the 1997 draft. He signed his first contract Aug. 16 after a long holdout. He's been to two Super Bowls and two Pro Bowls as a Ram.

The 6-7, 325-pound Pace played his college ball at Ohio State.
pickledpigsfeet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm
dailyshop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'D give them the 13th pick, Seth Wand and a defensive player for him.
pickledpigsfeet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston Chronicle says they are actively working on a trade today. Rams are in need of LB help so I'd say, give our second round and Sharper. Or give Sharper, Wand (since they are also desparate for OL help), and a 3rd round pick.
texan0305

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: yaa Reply with quote

id jump on that trade you posted above, but casserly is out of town i dont know how soon a deal can be done, i surely dont think a deal can be done today but i hope they prove me wrong would love to have pace on that o line a definate prescence and a upgrade to the weakest part of the texans offensive line,
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are crazy if u think that u can get that trade above.

The rams owuld have him sit until they get a good offer. Look for you guys to trade dunta robinson a 1st roundre adn a conditional 2nd rounder next year would be a good bet.
texan0305

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: HAHA Reply with quote

i think ur crazy for having that screen name, umm yaa ok do you know whoose our general managaer? casserly isn't going to give away all that, if mike martz is ur idle u have problems, also you guys might not even be able to franchise pace so right now the rams are in a position that they dont want to be in, look for them to get something for him before wednesday, casserly is a master at working trades, when casserly was in washington he traded their first round pick for all of new orlean's picks that year, then got there first and third pick the next year, this man is a genius when it comes to working a trade, so be ware : ) no way they give up dunta, and to be frank with you they might not give away there first round pick
Idi Amin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunta is going nowhere, and St. Louis has already signed 2 FA LBs, (Chris Claiborne and Dexter Coakley) so they probably don't want a LB, althoug Sharper would be an upgrade.

Like the article said, one 1st rounder plus some players - it can get done and I hope it does

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I saw them talking about Dunta in the Rams chat room. It's just wishful thinking. I do think we will be giving up our first this year but not much else.

If we were going to take Barron anyway I would rather have the proven commodity of Pace. That secures Carr's blind side for many years!!!!
goose85

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally will get what we were supposed to have since the expansion draft Busselli but better.
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: If we were going to take Barron anyway I would rather have t Reply with quote

this is why i thinhk the rams will ask for much more htan a numebr 1 because why would the rams want that pick when they themselves are going to go after barron. they have pace and if they want to they can sign him just the cost is too great. I do not see the rams getting out of this trade without a 1st adn maybe a 1st next year.

The rams were pushing hard saying only way to get rid of pace is to get 2 1st rounders or something of equal or greater value
texan0305

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: ya Reply with quote

haha ya what team is going to give up 2 first rounders? theres a deadline of wednesday after that the rams are screwed so look for the rams to give leverage not the texans, texans might give up that first round pick you have to remember pace isn't going to come cheap he wants to get paid so the rams have to make that decision do we get ride of him and get what we can or do we get nothing and loose our best offensive line man
texan0305

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: all but done Reply with quote

Well it's all but finalized from what i've heard, i just sow fsw report and they reported that the deal is all but done, the texans and pace have agreed to a contract in principle to paraphrase the interview that pace gave to fox kriv (the fox affliate here in houston) "i'd like to be somewhere where i'm wanted, where financially i'm set for the future, move on with the situation in st.louis and go to a organization thats moving in the right direction, right now i'm just going through the process, but if we can make it work that would be great..." fox sports south west have said that the deal is all but done, look for the texans to give up the 13th pick in the draft and also there 2 3round picks, the deal on what i sow said "should be done by early wednesday"....
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope u guys get him. hes a slacker who doesnt sohw up to training camps. rookie year he held out till august 13th. He wants more money then he truly is worth. I will admit he is good but he is wasting his talent.

i hope you guys give us your 1st 2nd and 3rd. i would do that in a heartbeat.
magscivic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This paragraph comes from the St. Louis Post Dispatch website

Quote:
Something to keep in mind if Wednesday's deadline comes and goes without the Rams and Pace agreeing on a multi-year deal: Even though the Rams can't negotiate with Pace after Wednesday, they can still trade him or receive an offer sheet on him for months. In fact, under league rule, teams can make an offer sheet on another team's franchise player up until the Tuesday following the 10th week of the regular season.

So the Rams arent really in any hurry to get rid of Pace or make things happen, I think our deadline is the draft and that is the only deadline as of now. So sure we may see a trade in the next 24 hours or we may have to wait for a couple weeks to see one happen.

Another point, we dont want JAmie Sharper, he is getting older, although that seems to be the Rams plan in picking up FA this year, and he comes with like a 6 million cap hit! Which we dont want!

Also I was the one who said I would love to get Duanta and a 1st for Pace. Of course its wishfull thinking. You guys got a young stud in Duanta and we need a young stud CB. I could only dream of getting duanta and a 1st rounder from Houston for Pace.

fansincela wrote:
RamsFan101 wrote:
If the Rams select Bradford I'll jump off a very high building

I'll be right next to you. Suh is a rare talent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: