You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hartwell and Douglas . . . getting closer?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClevelanDawg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Hartwell and Douglas . . . getting closer? Reply with quote

I was just reading a chat transcript from Bernies Insiders, Lane Adkins says that Douglas and Hartwell are two guys that the Browns chances of signng increases everyday. Here is the transcript:

Quote:
Abitadawg: I know we still need linebackers....what about Hartwell??? with KC taking Bell and Knight and that is where most thought he would go I dont think they ahve the cap to get him in. What our your thoughts?

Lane Adkins: The team is quietly talking with Hartwell and I am hearing he would like to play here. Money talks in most cases and I haven't been able to get any specifics at this time.

Adogbtown: I was wondering why Hartwell hadn't signed yet. Is he in line for an Antonio Pierce/Kendrell Bell ($5M per) type of deal or more along the lines of a Jeremiah Trotter/Chris Claiborne type of deal ($3M per)??

Lane Adkins: He is seeking a deal richer than that of Pierce and Bell.

Mike McLain: Hartwell has to be on the Browns' radar simply because of his prior association with Phil Savage in Baltimore. The problem at this time might be that Hartwell's asking price is too high. It will be interesting to see what the Browns do with the money saved after Courtney Brown is released. Hartwell's name could jump into the picture at that time.

Lane Adkins: Just to add............ Hartwell and Douglas are both targets that are slowing down on the Browns radar.

ChezDawg99: When you say "slowing down", do you mean the Browns are losing interest or are looking elsewhere?

Lane Adkins: Slowing down meaning the potential for the Browns to acquire these/this player(s) increases by the day. Hartwell is an impact player.

Cavsfan90: Lane is Hartwell coming to town? What is the interest by the Browns?

Lane Adkins: He is not scheduled to come to town at this time......

So there you have it. looks like Hartwell wants to play here . . . . .do we pay him?
Browns...Someday

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Thanks a ton..very helpful Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that. I was wondering what that was all about.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely we pay him.

Whatever anyone else offers, plus $2M.

If we sign him, the MLB problem is solved. Then we bring in Phifer for depth, and concentrate on OLB in the draft.

I don't think they would have cut CB if they didn't feel they had a good chance on bringing in another difference maker like Hartwell, only one who stays healthy.
Eagles1fan5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like ditch's idea
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign Hartwell then trade down in the draft to pick up Merriman and later get Shazor... sounds like a damn good defense

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
ClevelanDawg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that wouldnot be bad at all, but the more I hear about it, the less I believe anybody in the top 12 will trade up.

I would be happy with Hartwelll, Rolle, and Blackstock or Ware as well
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we got Merriman, we probably wouldnt draft Blackstock... SHAZOR BABY

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: