Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bringing Back Brad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nichos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Bringing Back Brad Reply with quote

Brad Johnson is scheduled for a visit to winter park on Monday. Everyone keeps saying we need a backup, and he is pretty solid. Any thoughts?
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the price is right than go for it Very Happy but if he is expecting mucho money then no
andrew91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont need one as good as him.....but if he doesnt ask for much, I would love to have him

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not , he'd be great to back up culpepper
He'll want too much though
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing like coming home. The Vikes need him, and I'd rather see him here than Jeff "F@@#$^%%^&" George.

I guess I'm sentimental with Johnson .. . because had Denny kept him, we wouldn't have signed idiots like George and Cunningham. Talented as they were, they were self-absorbed, gloating pigs and we lost with them at the helm. Brad did OK, didn't he?
LoverInTheCold

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff George was a complete team player when he was here, probably the best QB we had during the 90's. Randall Cunningham, self absorbed? Maybe in Philly, but here? Randall and George were both miles ahead of Culpepper until last year. Obviously Daunte has turned a corner now though, and i'm glad. Yes, there were some stories about Randall and Jeff not wanting anything to do with mentoring Culpepper, but there were also some stories at the time that Culpepper was uncoachable. Don't know if that's true, he works well now, so I don't care.
hinzvikes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
I guess I'm sentimental with Johnson .. . because had Denny kept him, we wouldn't have signed idiots like George and Cunningham. Talented as they were, they were self-absorbed, gloating pigs and we lost with them at the helm. Brad did OK, didn't he?

How are you gonna say we lost w/ Cunningham and George at the helm. Cunningham brought us to the NFC Championship and the loss in that game had nothing to do w/ his performence. George was a reliable starter that in his one year brought us to the divisional playoffs and lost bc they ran into the "dreaded" rams. Cunningham and George were good quarterbacks that got the job done and I actually wouldn't mind if either Brad Johnson or Jeff George signed back w/ us. Either way I'll be happy with our backup situation
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad would be a better choice than jeff george. brad can still play if he has to, george is just hanging on for a paycheck. didn't he retire once or twice already?
Helter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad is on his way to visit w/ the seahaws and bears , I say he signs with the bears ... there's more of a chance for him to play there

I heard or read somewhere that tice is looking a george as a backup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: