Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Barron is the most logical pick
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Barron is the most logical pick Reply with quote

When you dont pick in the top ten for ten years you either pick QB or LT. So this year its obvious. Hopkins is 34 years old. And he wont last when our rebuilding is done. The thing is with CB, WR, RB is that this draft is stock full of them. It would honestly be dumb to pick CB and WR when you pick about 2 CBs a year and we get middle round WRs in alot of past drafts. Theres about only 3 LTs in the draft and about 10 RBs, 10 CBs, and 10 WRs in this draft that are good and you can get WR, RB, CB in any part of this draft, why waste it with the first.

Its sooo obvious...Do u honestly think that McNair wants a WR? NO. He wants better protection. And which one will let him have a longer career? CB? WR? NO its the Oline.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem like the most logical pick at this point. I still wouldn't count out Benson, Brown, or Williams if they are there because they are more glamourous picks. The only thing that scares me about Barron is the fact he can't run block very well. Someone suggested that he'd be forced to improve at run blocking if he played RT. That makes complete sense but it's not guaranteed he'll improve. However, if we do pick him I'll have no objections.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
titangreins

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run blocking is an attitude. I've heard Barron does not have a "mean streak" and that bother me a little. I agree with you #1, but most years there are clear cut QB's and OT's and this year there are neither. I've heard from John Clayton -not personally of course, I'm not Bongo- that SF may take BE #1 overall if Rogers does not impress them in the next few weeks. Things may get more interesting than we have thought on draft day...
seminoles1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barron has the potential to be an Elite LT if he develops a mean streak. He has the athleticism, the build, and the quick feet of Walter Jones, the best LT today. But, he tends to not finish off blocks and if he doesn't develop that mean streak, then he won't be any better than an above-average LT with an occassional Pro Bowl appearance, and that appearance would be due to an injury to someone else.
titans_5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tthink that barron would be a good pick because we already have jacob bell playing on the other side, i dont think that barron would be a good pick at #6 and thats why i think that reese will try to trade down to get another second round pick or maybe even a late 1st rnd pick which we could take maybe mark clayton.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter Jones and Tra Thomas were both rated not good run blockers and look at them now.
TitansGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'd be a bad pick for us. There are questions about him still and you can get every bit the lineman in the 2nd-4th rounds. He won't be asked to play immediately and Munch can whip a 3rd rounder into a probowl quality player almost as fast as he could a first. He'll have a non-first rounder ready to play at the NFL level by the time he's needed.
We can get a playmaker at 6. If we trade down to between 10-18 I could see us picking him up but we need much more at 6 IMHO.
Whether or not he'd be available there may be a big question mark. His draft position has varied wildly from top 5 to mid 20's.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres only 3 LTs in this draft. Will we be able to get the top LT in next years draft? I highly doubt it. And there will be no LT worth getting in the middle rounds.
TitansGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that Michael Munoz, Khalif Barnes, or Adam Terry could be had much later and be more than ready when his number is called. Again, JMHO. Only time will tell who's right.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA. Michael Munoz. Right.
Hes the most injury prone OT. Hes not athletic enough to play Left. Barron has more upside and can possibly be a Pro Bowler. I think that everyone thinks that its not a "sexy" pick and thats why nobody wants him. Everybody wants Mike Williams, Edwards, Benson, Rolle, Brown. We'll just see when the draft is over.
TitansGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexy pick?
Confused Shocked Laughing
Yeah, we'll see what happen.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexy pick is taken a big name plamaker on either side of the ball.
Burton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bongo just spews out a bunch of crap he heres, and people thinks hes god when he gets some of it right.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
TitansGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I know what a sexy pick is. I just thought it was somewhat out-of-place when I was talking about value for our pick. Barron is a good player but can be had later than 6. We don't need someone to step right in, either. That would be expected of our pick if we selected this high. CB just happens to be a position that a rookie could make an immediate impact with our current corps. That may seem like a sexy pick, but it makes a lot more sense than someone who won't be expected to make significant contributions his first year.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopkins was arrested this afternoon so what now?
When did the titans become thugs

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/05/03/66937741.shtml?Element_ID=66937741

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: