You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Porter on the way out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about this Porter for Bennet and Stallworth or M. Lewis or B. Johnson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would of traded Porter for Javon Walker even off that injury. He would have been a nice complement to Moss.

You will never get equal value for Porter's talent now, which kinda sucks but that's how it is. I believe the Packers would of done Porter for Walker in a second.

Can't nobody touch me right now. Maybe next month all of this will be over. But this month I'm takin' every movin' target out. ~tupac
NVasher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaktownOG wrote:
SantanasTown wrote:
Well I dont think theres any way the Ravens would consider trading Suggs for Porter, they dont even need a WR that bad anymore and Suggs is a young stud defender and they rely on him for pass-rush. And i seriously doubt the Jags would be looking to make that trade also. Henderson has played great for them and he is young and just a beast. They have two first round picks at WR plus Wilford and why would they want Sapp? I dont think either of those trades are remotely possible. But if we were to say, pull a deal with Bears for Ian Scott and a draft pick or Bernard Berrian, I would be pretty happy with that. Or maybe a team like the Falcons would cough up Michael Boley or Demorrio Williams and a draft pick...Im just thinking of some teams who need WRs and have some defenders we could use that they could afford to trade.

Porter's worth more than Ian Scott. I'd want Tommie Harris if Porter went to the Bears. Porter is one of the best #2 WR's in the league. I agree Baltimore and Jacksonville wouldn't consider those trades though.

Ian Scott is probably the most under rated player in the league.

Tommie Harris would NEVER go in a package for Porter.

Tommie Harris could be a HOFer when it's all said and done. Already starting in the pro bowl.

You will never get equal value for Porter. And Harris has WAY WAY WAY more value than Porter.

Can't nobody touch me right now. Maybe next month all of this will be over. But this month I'm takin' every movin' target out. ~tupac
Doulette

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we should get rid of Porter for Ahmed PLummer of the 49ers....he has some starting time on his name and could be a very good #2 CB and put either Washington or Asomuhga as the nickel back and would still get alot of tiem

Doug Gabriel is gonna explode this year with playing time and the raiders will have no problem trading or benching Porter
kjherrm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why we would we trade for another corner when we have Asomugha, Washington, Poole, Starks, and Routt. If it were a DT I could maybe see us thinking about it.
Doulette

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because i dont think we are 100% clear on that fact of CB....Asomugha is very inconsistent
kjherrm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why we drafted Routt and brought in Poole and Starks
Doulette

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok routt is far from being a #1 or #2 cb buddy....and poole and starks are just solid nickle backs....like they were in NE
kjherrm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Routt isn't a #2 yet, but they are backup plans in case if Asomugha doesn't work out. Since the Raiders coaching staff feels that Asomugha is a starting CB they expect him to be consistant, but if he's not they have two veterans to bring in that will play consistant.
Doulette

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets hope so...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: